House V

I’m not a close watcher of this show, but I catch a lot of the constant reruns. From my somewhat disinterested vantage point, I had zero interest in the whole finding new assistants story line, I don’t care at all about the current supporting cast, and I wish they’d hurry up and go back to the original cast, which I liked. If someone would murder 13 or the guy from the White Castle movie and bring back the original cast it would make this show much more watchable.

I don’t mind the new cast, but I wish they’d put them in the title sequence already.

I really hate Showcase. They are bastards. They play House late at night, and right after they put Numbers. They know that I love House, and they knew that if I accidentally watched an episode of Numbers I would love it right away as well. I can’t afford to be buying seasons of 2 shows >:(

I certainly hope so. The Huntington’s subthread is boring as hell, and the character’s only redeeming quality is spawning the Bisexidrine scene.

Agree. I started feeling this way watching this bisexual episode.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

Damn that selfish meth whore, making everything stay the same!

So who else missed it because Comcast went out due to the bad weather? Does anyone know when there are repeats of the new season?

There’s always Hulu.

Why does a weak chin automatically connote lower-class?

Possible sharkjump right there.

Also, the patient looked like the bastard child of Jack Nicholson and Keanu Reeves. Quite eerie.

Haha. The POTW did remind me of Nicholson too, but I hadn’t thought of Reeves.

Psh. I always figured that Cuddy would eventually get with House, given the sexual tension since Season 1, and they at least took a step toward that.

I thought he looked like John DeLancie.

Nothing will come of it, didn’t you see the teasers for next weeks episode? House will never end up with any woman. The most this show can hope for in terms of change (even people getting fired/quitting come back or stay on the show) was Cuddy getting a kid.

I’ve watched the show sporadically in the past, and now I’ve been watching the current season regularly. These diagnoses get old really quick. You know there will be two or three misdiagnoses, someone noticing something minor that causes them to stop whatever treatment they’re in the middle of that was minutes away from killing the patient, and eventually they’ll figure it out with a bunch of medical terminology I don’t understand. And they very rarely end up killing the patient. House and a few of the other characters are interesting, but the rest of the show is kind of losing me. Was it any better in the previous years or this season is pretty standard in terms of the medical part of the show?

Nah, it’s been pretty much that exact formula from the start. It’s mainly the characters and how House goes about digging for information that keeps it interesting.

I find that the show is much more enjoyable if you approach it as a comedy rather than a medical drama. It would be depressing if they killed patients too often, and unrealistic if they never killed anyone. A medical drama (EDIT: Note that the pilot was basically a medical drama with a rude doctor, I didn’t really like it and House immediately became crazier) would be extremely boring after a few episodes unless you were in pre-med/med/a doctor and were really into that kind of stuff, as it is the show is more House being a sociopath and everyone else having to deal with it because he is a good doctor. They could have made House, [x], where [x] is a degree that puts him in a high competition job and the show would be basically the exact same thing, just in an office or whatever instead of a hospital.

OK, so what exactly did we miss when our DVR cut off with House leaning in to a teary-eyed Cuddy? (It cut off exactly where they previewed that scene in the commercials.)

The wife is so pissed off about it and it seems like shows on Fox are the worst for that… running just a minute too long. In the future I think I’ll just record the show immediately following it and cover myself.

I actually didn’t see the teasers; what’d they say? I just download the shows I watch. I don’t know; I guess what you say might be true.

House and Cuddy make out for 30 seconds, then they both quietly say “Goodnight,” and House leaves while Cuddy looks kind of confused.