How long for a dead raccoon to stop stinking?

One thing I can offer, JP, is that if the thing smells real bad now, you are probably past the worst of it.

Usually dead animals kind of “cook” with all the bacteria inside growing and making gross stuff… They start to smell at this point. The animal gets bloated, and then eventually pops, and that’s when the angel is truly awful. But it also usually passes and starts getting better after that point.

It sounds like your raccoon popped this weekend… but even if you do nothing, it’ll probably get better fast at this point.

But really, you probably want to bury it just so you don’t have a pile of skin and bones and stuff just sitting there.

Alternatively you could follow the classic full-immersion, sink or swim approach. Throw down several gallons of yoghurt (kefir is an acceptable alternative) then roll around in the rotting ammoniac corpse and dairy mush completely naked, to really accept that smell, get it into your pores. After awhile you’ll be like “what smell?” Problem solved.

Caution, you do not want to use raspberry or strawberry yoghurt. That would be a fatal mistake, as the little seeds block the varmint’s essence from penetrating your orifices. That’s just science.

Ooh, good! Now, can you tell us again how the world is burrito shaped?

I opened google maps after reading this and it’s showing me a wildlife raccoon removal

Google is listening

Chrome is listening. But yeah, I get stuff like this too. I seached for something related to a skyrim mod maybe a year ago. Now I get news clips of things related to Skyrim in google news. I mean, it’s trying to make it better for me but come on, nobody is keeping up with Skyrim news now. The algorithm should do something along the lines of, “probably interested in gaming, add general gaming news.”

… wisefool appears interested in dead animals. Now subscribed to: dead animal facts; dead animal removal; how to get rid of dead bodies; the dead body fan club.

If the police were monitoring my google searches this week lol.

Sorry to bump this thread. But speaking of racoons stinking. At my workplace recently, horrible smell in one of the labs. We occasionally get dead rats that stink up the place, so were looking for that and found a live racoon under one of the tables.

But it wasn’t very alive. And it stunk like death. We called animal control and they came with some sort of plastic lasso on a long pole, grabbed it around the neck, and pulled it out. It had a huge infected wound on its back but fought like crazy, leaving a smeary trail of eye-wateringly smelly pus all the way through the hall and out the door. We cleaned the pus trail with the strongest possible solvents, but it stunk in the lab for weeks. Animal control humanely put the raccoon down.

Hey I was reading that…

Sorry, I realized I’d posted it before.

Aww, poor raccoon.

YUK!!!