How Long To Complete Your Steam Library

This seems way low considering I have 2800 or so Steam games. That’s only like 6 hours each and I’m sure many of them are longer than that. Granted, I’ve also played a couple thousand hours or more across the lot, or insofar as Steam’s tracked, anyway. But the bulk of my heavy playtime is in stuff like Hex and Marvel Heroes that aren’t “beatable” by the traditional definition (and of course MH is gone entirely now).

Last time I checked the How-Long-To-Beat numbers, they were always 3-4 times shorter than the time it actually took me, meaning I could instead spend my remaining Executive Time Steam Time writing about 25 novels that no one would ever read.

1. That kind of reinforces my New Year’s resolution to cut down on buying games this year. Foolishness, I know. :)

If I added in Xbox and PS4 backlogs? Yikes.

5427 continuous hours
226 days,3 hours,18 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
IN THIS TIME YOU COULD…
Write 10,854 blog posts

Nice. This seems possible if I stop buying games.

To be fair, it’s not like I actually want to complete all 554 games on my Steam library. In fact for many of the games I like, I’m not even clear what ‘completing’ would consist of.

I have 136 games on a Steam list of games I specifically want to play. Unfortunately they skew to games that need tens of hours just to get into.

Did you try plugging in a long number.

Here’s the instructions I followed to get my Steam ID:

Alternatively, we can use your 17 digit Steam ID which can be found by doing the following:

1. Open up your Steam client and choose View, then click Settings
  2. Choose Interface and check the box that reads, “Display Steam URL address when available”
  3. Click OK
  4. Now click on your Steam Profile Name and select View Profile

Your SteamID will be listed in the URL at the top left (it’s the really long number at the end.)

Yup, that was the issue!

It would take you…
7498 continuous hours
312 days,10 hours,38 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
IN THIS TIME YOU COULD…
Download 35 1080p movies…on a 56K modem
-or-
Fight in the Falkland War 7 times

Funny thing is, I still have over 100 keys sitting around to be added plus my collection on Gog and Origin.

I only have about 2% completion. How is this so you ask? I play all my games in offline mode. Only online the first time I start the game to install any crap that didn’t get installed the first time.

I couldn’t tell what was going on until I made it home to read QT3 with a browser. I guess Discourse thinks you’re creating a numbered list starting and ending at 1416 with no data in the list. Not a single pixel of the 1 shows up in mobile.

Only 296 hours? How is that possible?

Oh wait, that’s not my account…

That’s about right.

Of course this is very wrong. I think the real amount would be like 5000 hours.

Much better than I expected.

But I think some of the games I have in there are not tracked…