How many Steam games do you own in 2017?

• 0 till the day I die
  • 1-10
  • 10-50
  • 50-100
  • 100-200
  • 200-500
  • 500-1000
  • 1000-2000
  • 2000-4000
  • 4000+
  • “All 97 of them”
  • I’m Gabe Newell

0 voters

Trick question. You’re not buying games on Steam. You’re only renting them!!1!

Winter sale pushed me past 1500.

Discourse needs a way to force poll options to be displayed in the order they were written.

Someone has to email Gaben so he knows to come vote.

Amazingly, 182, though I think there’s some duplicates in there (e.g., Tales of Monkey Island broken into liek 5 entries; DotA there like 3x, etc.). I’d say 170-175 “real” games, though.

Now, the scary question is. . . “how many have you played?”

It’s hard to say how many I’ll end up with in 2017. I’ll vote in late December when I have a firm number!

213 Thank God it’s not tracking the 25 years I played games without Steam.

2289 games. Just on Steam, of course, and as of this posting. Plus 1324 DLC. (I also have 300-odd GOG games, although 40-50 of those are GOG Connect from my Steam library, 40-ish Origin games, 20-ish uPlay games, every Blizzard game, and a closet full of old disc PC and console games. And stuff scattered various other places online, too.)

I’m a little surprised I’m in company here, and indeed that some people have more. Most places I go that number drops jaws.

Since this is a @TimJames thread I know this will somehow loop around to being a backlog culling topic but I did answer honestly, I crossed 700 games in the winter sale. I see I am in good company.

802 games + 720 DLC. But I have a lot of old physical CD/DVD games, and also a lot of games on GOG, Gamersgate and Humble, so… yeah.

I uhh… have no idea what could’ve spurred this thread’s creation. I’m at 2902 games + 1067 DLC right now, and that’s slowed a lot in the past couple years. I used to buy every bundle and go on a frenzy of the sub-$1 games and publisher complete packs (shame they don’t really offer those anymore) during holiday sales, but the opening of the floodgates made me lose interest in being a “collector”.

I am very disappointed Gabe Newell hasn’t cast his vote yet :(

Too many. I’ve started deleting some from my library lately. It hasn’t made much difference.

523 games + 240 DLC, which seemed like a lot until I read this thread.

How do you get your DLC count?

One way is to add the “Game Collector” showcase to your profile, and it will be displayed there. But I can’t see anywhere else that tells you, which seems odd…

Let’s see… 841. .

I have 130. And I haven’t played probably 15% of them. And I have a lot more time than most of you to play games. So how the heck do some of you have 500+ game libraries? D:

It is also an annoying issue when you intend to gift DLC to a friend, as you can’t see a list of what they own precisely, as far as I know, and it will list if they own it or not only on the gifting dialogue, once the purchase is done…