How much Activision does it take to change a Blizzard?

Which I guess just means we add him to the list of people who’d be better off not saying things on twitter.

Why? If he had a positive experience with Kotick that’s perfectly valid.

If you miss my point there’s no explaining it.

We live in a world where it’s possible that Bobby was very supportive of studios that made tons of money, while also hushing up sexual assault allegations, yes. And yes, like easytarget said, you are better off not saying the first, because it’s irrelevant in comparison with the latter.

You’re right, but I doubt Carmack gives a shit about any of it. He’s barely involved in gaming at this point.

I agree it’s best not to say anything positive about someone embroiled in a scandal, but I don’t feel it necessarily reflects poorly on Carmack.

Carmack: Kotick never tried to rape me so I have nothing against him.

Next Carmack will tell us all how great NFTs are.

Yeah, he really should have said “my bad” and moved on with his life.

And this is why it’s never worth giving them the benefit of the doubt, lol

It just comes off as cooperate brown-nosing at this point.

Carmack couldn’t give less of a shit about that sort of thing. He was just oblivious, and reacted defensively when the unwashed internet masses snarled and attacked.

I mean he could try giving a shit about encouraging workplace cultures of mass sexual harassment instead of not.

He doesn’t care about anything or anyone outside of his immediate proximity or interest.

Which is fine, there are a lot of areas where I don’t give a shit either. But I am not blasting my opinion on that online, and I am not some big name in the sphere who people will take my opinions as worth more than what they are.

So the mistake isn’t not caring. The mistake is posting such without understanding the situation (which he could control), while also being a big legacy name who carries weight (which he can’t)

I mean, not to be insensitive, but Carmack is likely somewhere on the spectrum, right? So when I say oblivious, I mean really.

I’ve never met the guy, but that’s always the impression I got. Super duper smart about the stuff he cares about, but not very socially aware.

This totally. When Carmack doesn’t care about something. It’s not an insult. He literally does not care because to him it doesn’t exist, and he’s not going to make an effort to care until it enters his world.

I mean, the real answer here is… never tweet.