How To Train Your Dragon 3

While the situation is different with respect to this movie, given release dates, I disagree with this. Personally, if it’s completed, say, it’s theatrical run, I personally don’t see spoilers being an issue. Someone reading a thread of a movie that old who hasn’t seen should either be okay with spoilers or stay away until they do see the movie, if spoilers bug 'em. It’s too much of pain to require everyone else to deal with spoilers, months after release.

Like I’ve said, spoilers don’t personally bother me. And I definitely treat it as caveat reader when looking at a thread for a movie I’ve not seen. It is unfair of me to expect those who want to discuss a film to bend to the sensitivities of those who have not.

That said there is a reasonableness to it that is important. One of the things that occurs when a film hits theaters is people looking to see if a film is worth seeing. To get those general impressions. It is completely legitimate to check a thread for a film out in theaters to see what other members have to say about it. So for me, if a film is still in theaters, then I do take that into consideration.

For a film still early in its release, or even not released everywhere, even cheeky or misleading spoilers are poor form.

Same-day releases across the world are getting more common, but there are still lots of movies / shows / games that get a staggered release and I have been spoiled by the US crowd quite a few times.

Usually in these cases people just assume “its safe to talk about”, without perhaps checking if the thing in question has actually been released in most major markets.

So my “cheeky” comment was aimed at the US residents that tend to forget the rest of the world might not be on their schedule.

My apologies to the rest of you. And regarding that ending, my statement was a fib and Toothless is not killed off.

You know what they say about assuming.

Exactly.

We’re expecting to see this this weekend. That’s too bad. You’re right. The music for this little series has been wonderful, memorable and quite moving… I guess until now.

And yeah Friday is the soonest us normal USA folks can see it.

I thought the music and animation were standout for ultimately a by-the-formula story with little sense of risk or danger. Worth seeing I think, but will be easily forgettable for me.

Whelp we came back from the theater, and I loved it. The animation is awesome. It never ceases to amaze me how they took the concept of dragons, managed to make so many visually unique ones on the screen that are still clearly, dragons. They managed to add even more cat-like tendencies to them. The most notable music are the themes they carried forward from the first movie but… the soundtrack does work with each scene shown.

They aged the characters remarkably well, especially Hiccup. The side characters are little more than comedic moments with no real growth themselves but… I heard my 10 year old nephew laughing delightedly next to me so… yeah, it totally works for that group. My 4 year old nephew went with his parents and got through it with his folks bu they had some disinterest during some longer conversation sections. We had a small one, not ours, near me that struggled during those parts too but did very well otherwise, so it might be struggle for little, little ones but it could also draw them back when things pick up.

I was pretty easily moved by parts of the story, and this is probably one of the better if not the best, for some, coming of age animated series we have out there.

The theatrical run here is nearly over—most of the theaters stop showing it on Wednesday—so my wife and I went tonight, and I agree wholeheartedly with Nesrie’s review. It’s a fitting capstone to the trilogy, and I expect all three will see airtime in our house for years to come.

Finally saw this tonight. What a waste of time. Slightly better than the second movie, but that was a piece of garbage, so that’s not saying much. I’m just sad. The first movie was amazing. Then they ruined it.

That’s quite the hot take there - RT has at 91% out of 240 reviews, and a user score of nearly 90%. I’m going to watch it Sunday (we rented it, missed it in theaters) but we all liked the second movie just fine. Garbage? That… honestly that doesn’t seem likely? I’ll come back in after I see it with my gut reaction.

Can we edit the thread title so it’s not shouting at me?

The OP has been absent from the board for a while, unfortunately. It would take a mod at this point.

They killed an amazing character for no reason. They introduced an amazing female character and then made her useless once the men folk showed up to save her. They made an established bad-ass female character into wallpaper.

Fuck HTTYD2. It’s shit. Once the duo that made the first movie split, you could see the difference in quality.

I’m pretty sure I copied and pasted that title from my phone because I hate typing on phones. It’s “fixed” though.

I just caught this on a long plane ride.

It was OK, but overall fairly disappointing. I understand that the whole thing was about Hiccup learning to “let go” of his friend/child/pet/whatever and complete his journey to Vikinghood… and I guess that part was handled OK.

But I didn’t care for the whole message about the dragons and humans. Maybe I missed something, but the overall lesson seemed to be that the wonderful cross-species utopia they had built was bad because… they were too successful, it was getting crowded, and some bad people didn’t like it. So their solution was to give up, re-institute segregation, and go their separate ways. Uplifting.

Felt boring and was missing the charm from the first two movies. The voice acting was good as usual, but the story lacked creativity.

@BrianRubin our nanny made a Toothless tail for my nephew’s school dress up day this week, thought you might appreciate it! :)

Holy wow!