How would you feel about a Star Trek movie from Quentin Tarantino?

I feel like Tarantino would be more than able to constrain himself to working within a more traditional genre, if it were something he was genuinely enthusiastic about. He’s a little hit-or-miss for me, and I haven’t been wild about the new Treks either, but I’d check this out, were it to actually be made.

I would think they’d try to get this gang back together, assuming they didn’t cost a ton of money. Be kind of weird to recast the original crew yet again. Then again it turned out ok for Spider-Man and James Bond.

You can’t really bring the cast fully together again (RIP Anton).

I’d hope QT moves on from Kirk.

I always thought it was a great sign that QT’s favorite Star Trek episode that he loves telling people about (on camera at least) is TNG’s Yesterday’s Enterprise. That really was a cracking good episode.

Really? In all the interviews I’ve seen he talks about “City on the Edge of Forever” as a favorite, and a potential model for his movie.

I saw him talking about Yesterday’s Enterprise in a couple of documentaries. I forgot what they were now though.

Well maybe he’d be interested in making a TNG movie, that would be funny. Though I must admit I’d be much less interested in seeing that.

Well, both Edge of Forever and Yesterday’s Enterprise involve time travel, and undoing changes in the past that have severe consequences to the future. I guess i never linked those two episodes before, but they do have a common theme.

EDIT: I guess Star Trek: First Contact had that same theme, but just a really shitty version of it, compared to those two episodes.

If you want to get really crazy you can cast an all new Next Generation cast that follows on from the JJ-Trekverse. That might be something to see. Who would play Picard?! Riker?! Troi?! Worf?! WESLEY CRUSHER?!

:)

Unless his script is so expensive as to be crazy, I’d think it’s always a good idea to say yes to a Tarantino anything movie, he usually makes both money and is a reviews hit.

Awwwwww yeah.

Something must be wrong, can’t see the picture…

Oh ok, I’ll just post it again then.

Duh

Noah Schnapp (Will from Stranger Things) would make a good Wesley.

Its a big universe, why have them play existing characters? Make a new crew in a different time.

I picture a ST6 kind of movie with way more Klingon blood. Crazy sexual scenes in the prison and big explosions at the end.

Well I mean really, the possibilities are just endless aren’t they?

One of the comments from AV Club
“I have been, and always shall be, your n****r.”

OK, so if (yes, still a big if) Tarantino gets to make his Trek movie, he has confirmed that it will take place in the Kelvin timeline (or as he refers to it, the Chris Pine timeline).

Also I just had to throw in this quote:

“No, Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is is not Khan, alright? Khan is Khan. And I told JJ, like, ‘I don’t understand this. I don’t like it.’ And then he was like, ‘Ignore it! Nobody likes it. I don’t understand it. Just do whatever you want. If you want it to happen the exact way it happens on the series it can.’”