Http://fallout.bethsoft.com

Fall 2008 :{

Haha, people were expecting gameplay?

Means… Summer 2009

That is exactly what I said to a coworker who was complaining as well.

I think it’s called S.T…A.LK.E…R

Wait, I just dropped that word into a pile of periods and it didn’t land right. STALKER.

Does everybody who played the original game think they’re having a game made just for them?

I don’t envy Bethesda in some ways…

I do. I can’t think of anything that would be more awesome than taking an established franchise and reinventing it in my own vision. God, NMA would take out a contract on me if I were doing Fallout 3.

teaser shows nothing
but shitty power armour
NMA wrath flows

I didn’t think they’d actually pull off that bit at the end. I think it’s awesome. And a PIPboy cameo!

You just saw it. Just because the UI and player wasn’t shown, doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. ;)

BTW my pants are feeling tight after watching that teaser trailer, and instantly nKoan and myself both said “time to buy a new computer.” LOL

PS Ron Perlman is back, baby. AWWW yeah.

it was not power
metal plates are not the same
poetry is lame

Why not just do it and call it something else? There are a billion different fantasy RPGs out there; why not make your post-apocalyptic sci-fi RPG and call it whatever you want and alter it enough and make it unique enough in certain ways to make it memorable?

I hate to agree with NMA, but I don’t like the menacing horn music either. The segment of the trailer where the camera pulls back to reveal a desolated city and power armor in the foreground is the weakest link in the whole thing because of the music. It would have been much better to continue to fade the Ink Spots song over an increasing presence of ambient noise.

Harsh, minimalist background sound is an important part of the Fallout feel. Not that Bethsoft isn’t allowed to reinvent (if only to catalyze a mass suicide at NMA), don’t get me wrong. And it’s only a trailer anyway; I know it’s not meant to relate every last detail of the final product. But at this point, I’m still pulling for a minimalist soundtrack. Get rid of the menacing, cinematic horns.

Oh, but before I sound too nitpicky: the rest of the trailer is pretty nice, and the in-game graphics are slick!

I think the music should have been the Oblivion main theme played on electric guitars.

Uh, because taking a popular brand is better? How can someone need it explained to them? “I dunno why they make all these D&D games, why not just invent your own fantasy franchise?”

I like cinematic. Fuck the haters.

Because the Fallout theme and setting are awesome. And that teaser nailed it perfectly. I suspect that anyone who can bitch about what they saw in that trailer would probably never be pleased with any new Fallout game, from any developer.

Do you listen to yourself when you talk, or does it hurt your brain too much? Seriously, did Elder Scrolls need to be D&D to be successful? How about Ultima?

All brands have to start somewhere; taking something established just means that if you make something that’s a total turd that you still get a few sales to fanboys who will buy anything. I mean, look at all the UFO remakes.

What? I was talking to Charles saying he wanted to complete redo Fallout. I have no problem with the teaser trailer, as it doesn’t really mean shit-all anything in the grand scheme of things. It’s just a glorified intro clip from the beginning of the game. (Which also looks awesome enough to make me think that it’s DX10 powered.)

System Shock 2 didn’t really need to use that license, either, but I’m glad that it did.

No shit everything doesn’t need to be an established brand. That still doesn’t discount your inability to understand why Fallout is a good franchise to pick up. Uh, and no shit it doesn’t make up for a game being completely horrible, but it definitely can buffer things.