Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Hey, looks like apathy and inertia will finally score me a copy of Shenmue 3! Think I heard some good things about Popup Dungeon here as well. Still… not one of their better bundles.

Definitely another pass. I think I’ll even pass if they offer it to me for $8.

haha! that person is me! what a pleasant surprise! ill spare the gushing and say im planning on playing in other waters first since it seems low investment enough to play on a work night. but almost everything here looks pretty solid to me.

Yep, another pass here. Mildly curious about a couple of those, but realistically I’d never get around to them.

Yup. Easy pass here.

Rock of Ages 3 is enough to tip me into Probable Buy territory.

Oof x 2.

Sadly, as much as I loved the first one, this series seems to be a case of diminishing returns. RoA2 was a noticeable step down (IMO) and from what I’ve read and heard, 3 continues the trend.

I don’t disagree but did get enough mileage out of 2 that, for me at least, having 3 in there makes the rest of the chaff more palatable.

Adding my pause to the pause train. I clicked those buttons EXTRA HARD

That’s great to hear! My disappointment stems only from my personal disinterest in the games this month, but I still love Humble and the Choice Bundle, so I want it to be successful and continue. One thing I love about QT3 is how much diversity there is among the community in terms of the types of games we enjoy. It has led several times to my trying out a game that I normally would have passed over and finding something I enjoyed.

Let us know how you like Other Waters, as that and Pop-Up Dungeon are the only two games this month that I’m kinda curious about (but not $12 to put in the backlog curious).

Totally fair, if there was anything else of interest I’d probably be the same way. That said, it just bums me out. I adored 1 and don’t understand the deterioration in things like level design that I see in the sequels.

This is really subjective but the Boulder in the Rock of Ages games never seemed to have much in the way of heft or weight, it always felt really floaty. Was that ever addressed?

In fairness I probably didn’t give the games enough time. I adore the art style and presentation however.

Wanted to check the reaction here to see if there was anything good, but looks like an automatic pause.

God, not a single game I’d even try and convince myself for. Definite pause and not even a discount will change that.

Not wowed, but I’d say 2 of those games are on my wishlist (In Other Waters, Popup Dungeon), and most of the rest are of tepid interest to me and not already in my library. (e.g., Shenmue 3)

I was totally unaware of this game until this bundle but it is intriguing. Not enough to justify the bundle for me, but worth grabbing on its own at some point I think.

I really liked aven colony. Even did my rare 100% on it, took 30ish hours. Theres around a dozen planet scenarios to complete.

Wish the whole “choice” thing was better. I’d happily pay less and skip the featured titles. Undecided right now.

For me, there’s enough “hmm, maybe” to perhaps give it a swing. I apparently already own Shenmue I and 2 from a previous bundle, so completing the trilogy has appeal (even though I will likely play none of them haha).

What are the Shenmue games anyway? JRPGs? Fighting games?

I’m going to game the system by holding off on pausing so I can get the discount on Humble store titles if some really good deal comes up.