Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Damn it I already bought CSD3 (and regretted it, CSD1 was superior in pretty much every way).

Otherwise, nice.

Levelhead is okay. Platformer where people make their own levels, not sure how popular.

I’ve only heard of that and CSD3 of the indies. Mork and Genesis are on gamepass.

Thumbs up, good bundle!

They gave me the $4 coupon so I got this one. Nothing exciting, but I might play Darksiders 3 at some point. Although I remember hearing it was a Soulslike now so maybe not.

This is Darksiders Genesis, which I think is more like DIablo.

Ahhh great, that’s more up my alley.

I’m in for the three headliners, but have to look into what the others have to offer.

Looked into the indies for a bit. Two sound interesting:

Size Matters. Short levels where you are shrinking while looking for a cure. Turns into platforming challenges as you get smaller. Reviews say it’s fun for an hour, and can last a few more if you enjoy it.

Vane is a short walking sim-ish experience. This time you’re a boy who was a bird. Mixed reviews because of controls, but people seem to like it.

I’d try Family Man and Relicta as well.

Once again I’m quite thrilled to have people tell me if any given monthly bundle is good or not (that’s not sarcasm! It really does help to know what’s worthwhile or a hidden gem so I can pretend I’ll get to it).

Nothing in this one for me, unfortunately. Paused-a-mundo.

Was offered the $4 discount since I had paused last month. Metro Exodus for $8 was too good to pass on, so I’m in. Getting DS:Genesis and Hellpoint included was icing on the cake. I seriously doubt I will ever touch the other titles in the bundle.

Almost ready to just cancel my sub all around. I seem to not want anything or already have it for six months or so now.

I folded and grabbed it for $8, though I probably shouldn’t have. CSD3 is on the wishlist and Exodus sounds interesting, so maybe I’ll get my money’s worth from those two, though I’m a little concerned as to whether I’ll be able to run Exodus. Genesis is great, but I already own it. Relicta and Vane are both interesting, but strike me as the kind of games where I’m interested enough to register the key but perhaps never interested enough to actually play them. We need a handy term for those.

I already owned Metro on Epic so I guess I own it on Steam now also.

For eight bucks, it’s a marginal bundle. Cheap enough for a what the hell why not reaction.

So is CSD an overcooked knock off?

Emphatically no. For one thing the original CSD predates Overcooked by 4 years. For another, the gameplay is completely different.

There’s a demo for the original CSD if you’re curious: Hail To The Chef: Cook, Serve, Delicious Demo | Rock Paper Shotgun

Sweet, I"ll give it a shot. I had just never heard of it before.

Good bundle.

You know, I’d like to see HB include some more of the interesting Chinese/Korean/Japanese indies. It seems like we rarely get a Sands of Salzaar or Lost Technology or equivalent game in these bundles, and if the point of HB Choice is to get value out of underserved but high quality titles, there’s quite a bit there. And I’m sure there’s many out there languishing in obscurity that I don’t know about.

It’s a single-player time management, plate-spinning restaurant simulation, basically.

Thank you, I was trying to come up with the right words to describe it and those are pretty good.