Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Fully in agreement with you on the multiplayer-only games thing. Or when they throw in early access stuff that’s clearly been abandoned, like Rapture Rejects.

My disappointment tends to be when the AAA/headliner game is an NBA/NFL/PGA/sportball game - I’d be okay with them dropping us a Destiny 2 expansion. I’ve not wrapped my head around why non-SimGolf would be fun, but folks here seem fairly jazzed about it so I guess maybe I should try it.

It would be pretty cool if they had an either/or option: take the headliner (for the months that have one), or take these 2-3 non-headliners instead (all at the cost of “one choice”). This might even help them determine which headliners are driving subs and which are not (as I might be in a total minority and maybe PGA2K1 is setting their month on fire).

Totally agreed. I can’t help but feel like I’m getting a bad deal if I don’t want the clear headliner. Makes me feel like I might be able to get many/most of the rest in a $1 bundle from Fanatical at some point not to far off. Yes, I know it’s a bit nonsensical if the remaining games are “worth” the monthly sub price to me. I just don’t feel good paying the majority of the sub price for something I don’t want.

I mean, part of the conceit from the beginning (and what fuels all of these subscription services at first) is the “surprise” aspect. You don’t know what you’re going to get - it’s exciting! But over time, people get grumpy about the value proposition, so the service starts to give more and more visibility and more and more choice, but having that visibility and choice makes them less able to get high-value offerings, so people are more dissatisfied, and it just goes on and on.

My take is that if you haven’t been happy with the majority of the last six months, you’ll never be happy with it again and should just save yourself the money.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m part of the no-pause gang, as there is plenty in there each month that even if I’m not interested, the kids probably will be (or I can gift things). I’m only bummed when there is a “big” headliner, and it is something I don’t want. That’s the only time I feel like I’m ‘missing out’. Which, as you say, it part of the surprise aspect and built in.

Very poor bundle, but I got it anyway because three or four of those indie games look pretty good and could be fun on steamdeck.

Hehe. I realize everyone wants all 12 to be a hit, but 4 games for $3/ea still seems like it fares better than ‘very poor’ (unless they are all <=$3 on Steam already).

I think I’ll probably not cancel again this month. Sure, the last few months haven’t yielded anything I’ll probably play, but with this deal I’m buying 144 games for $144 in 12 months. So, surely I’ll end up with a few great games in my collection by the end of the year. I mean, it’s 144 games!

Pfft… amateurs.

I think today is the last day to pause. I was able to get the $4.00 off which works for me. I like the PGA games so I was thinking about it for that and the $4 sealed it for me.

Really? I thought it was yesterday. But it’s fine, Fort Triumph looks interesting. Maybe my extra four bucks this month means they’ll get a better headliner next month. ;-)

Well, if you’re only interested in FT and wanna save the 12 bucks, I’ve got a spare copy.

Thanks for the offer, but a couple of the others looked good too (Not for Broadcast, West of Dead, maybe Röki and Heaven’s Vault), plus my card’s already been charged.

I must have just got in under the wire. I think the cut off must have been within a couple hours of my post. Now I have to actually claim some of these to my account. I’ve fallen a few months behind.

I’m wondering if I should just cancel this thing altogether. I don’t buy all that many games anymore and I literally cannot remember the last time I actually got the monthly bundle.

Boris Johnson at 1:59

Thanks for the warning! ;)

this month feels a little light. katana zero, garage, and ring of pain are the only things immediately speaking to me