Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

It was on prime gaming? I guess I already owned it, then. You have to use the twitch app to install their games and I’ve never actually descended to such depths, though.

Yeah, I got it free from amazon. In this case, though you don’t need to use the amazon launcher, you just launch it from Origin. You do have to have origin though!

I’m guessing that’s the speech-to-text version of “indeterminate” there? :-)

Anyway, I’m thinking that I’ll be playing Phoenix Point someday. Probably on PC, so picking this up makes sense. The Year One version has certain DLC and is missing Festering Skies and…?

Heh, I think it’s psychological, buying a bundle of games where I have several already feels like I’m wasteful!

I got Star Wars Squadrons for free somewhere. Amazon Prime maybe? edit: yeah, what @JoshL said.

Think I already have Phoenix Point too. I’ll have to take a look this evening. Probably going to pass on this bundle then.

I meant more “random” but true dat, indefinite or indeterminate would have been a better phrasing on my part.

Doesn’t it always go through Origin, even when bought from Steam?

(I had a ton of fun when we got together a group of eight a couple of times, both with the team death match and the moba. But the single player was pretty forgettable, didn’t care to play it past what was needed to unlock the MP.)

The occasional origin/epic code is even more annoying these days when i just want to push it to my steam deck directly through steam.

Since Squadrons was an Amazon Prime giveaway, and Phoenix Point is IMO a soon-to-be Epic Games giveaway, this month is an insta-pause for me.

Hah hah, that’s a good point, maybe in the next weeks it will be in their weekly giveaway.

Indeed. Makes we wonder how far in advance these lineups are set. And how annoyed HB must be to see their headliner AA game show up as a giveaway a month before they try to use it as a draw for customers.

The trick is to need multiple copies of the games offered (one for you, one for your kids). Then this works out real slick - at least for the co-op/multiplayer stuff!

I admire you as a youtube warrior!

Thank you?

This is so true. I get so much mileage out of leveraging my dupes to gift-guilt my regular co-op crew to try new games with me.

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that Squadrons was a free giveaway recently. I was about to pull the trigger as $8 for Squadrons and Phoenix Point sounded good, then read the comments here, checked my Origin account, and lo and behold, I already own Squadrons (and should have realized this as I’ve been playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition from my Origin account for the past month, but never really looked at my library as I launch from the mod manager).

So…welcome to pausetown for another month. Phoenix Point looks interesting, but I’m willing to bet it will be $8 or less (or bundled with other good stuff) by the end of summer anyway.

Props to Humble for putting together a great bundle again this month though. It’s not their fault someone else stole their thunder by giving away one of the two marquee games a month before the bundle went live.

Your thoughts mirror mine. Nothing else but the two headliners are anything I’m going to devote time to.

Yeah, I was thinking about grabbing it but I realized that I’m unlikely to play it right away and I do expect to see it offered for cheap sooner or later. Might as well wait. It wouldn’t surprise me to see it as an Epic giveaway.

This is going to be a consistent issue. Every game that wants to start its path towards bundletown will go to the highest bidder first, and that’s going to be Amazon and Epic.

This is my ashamed face. Solely for Phoenix Point Year One Edition I let them talk me into buying this month’s bundle for $7.99

Unless I change my mind before Tuesday, that is.