Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Why are you ashamed about buying a pretty great game for $8?

Well, I kind of started it on Game Pass on the console and wasn’t really feeling it like I did with the OG XCOM (which I played in 2001 or so when it was included on a magazine’s demo disc–remember [both of] those?) and with the two Firaxis games. But I didn’t get very far so maybe it gets better (and apparently does for a lot of people), so it’s worth the risk.

You could have paid $14.99 on Steam, so you chose wisely. :)

Ah crap, I got charged today. I forgot to pause, or at least pretend to pause in order to get a discount. I hope it’s a good bundle, I didn’t really pay close attention this month when it was revealed.

On the bright side, I only owned one of the games in the bundle already (and had access to three on Game Pass).

On the other hand, none of these games were something I would have put on my wishlist.

I almost picked up the bundle for Gamedec, but I figure it will be given away by Epic or Amazon at some point and nothing else in the bundle jumped out at me so I paused.

You can open a ticket and ask for a refund, they’re pretty loose about it.

Rumours…

And here they are.

Only 8 games this month, that sucks. But two three of them aren’t complete filler. I’m in for full price ($12). Two months in a row without pausing, not bad.

Banger month, Hired Gun is getting installed right away

Nice. I already have Deep Rock (which was leaked in advance) so had low expectations for this, but I’m in for Hired Gun, Banners of Ruin, and Yes Your Grace.

Great bundle even if I own half the two biggies.

Oh man. Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Is there a Do Laundry or Wash Dishes Simulator?

It offends me deeply that Humble put this in the bundle.

This is the only lawnmower simulator I stan.

I think it’s for, like, high-powered executives. The kind of guy that’s a masochist sexually, that likes to be controlled, to lick boots and serve, because they’re always in control at work. That same sort of thing could extend to mowing lawns like a suburban dad coming home at 5:15PM, filling that hole in their lives full of kobe A5 beef flown in from Japan and grilled on imported Japanese wood and such.

Getting Deep Rock Galactic plus a coupon to pay $25 for all of the DLC doesn’t really feel like a “headliner”, even given the steep discount off the price of everything DRG purchased from any other digital retailer. I know it’s crazy, but it just doesn’t feel “dealtastic” or whatever.

Thankfully, Legend of Keepers, Banners of Ruin and Necromunda : Hired Gun were all games on my personal watch list, and I very much enjoyed ATOM RPG, so the Trudograd expansion is a most welcome addition as well. Looks like I’ll be busting out the $8 to resub for the month!

Too bad there’s no VR support for Lawn Mower Simulator. When I’m working the Rose Garden and Fat Donnie comes out to bellow, I wanna see that spittlestorm flyin at me.

Hm, this might be a pass for me. But maybe I need to dig into some of these games some more.

Same, I own DRG and don’t know much about the rest. I’ll wait for a review.