Humble Bundle key redemption is awesome again (mostly) but the games are kinda meh

Clearly you guys missed the memo that Unpacking was the best game of 2021. (And Legend of Tianding was a very honorable mention of 2021!)

1000/1000 on XGP. It was cute, but not exactly compelling stuff. I believe the current phrase is “cozy”?

Yeah. XGP alumni and wrestling are weak stuff.

Yeah, three games I played as much as I wanted to via Game Pass, and one I have no interest in. Looks like an easy pass month.

November is live.

Instant skip for me as only Shipbreaker looked at all interesting and not enough to spend $12 on it. Oddly, I was not offered the $8 “pause-a-month” discount this time despite not buying in last month either. I wonder if they’re doing away with the incentive?

Probably a nope from me, as I already own shipbreaker (and it is awesome) and I am not convinced that a WWE game will be good. Already beat the excellent unpacking as well.

Are you prepaid? I think the inventive isn’t give for those with prepaid/credit (e.g., I bought the cheap one year bundle a couple years back and I’m still working that off and never get any incentives to unpause).

It’s a pause for me, too.

Huh. Well, I’m interested in Shipbreaker and mildly interested in Unpacking and the rest of that is not anything I care about as far as I can tell. Is that worth $8 to me? I’ll have to chew on it.

What is Prodeus again? I’ve heard the name, and that of Shipbreaker and Unpacking (although I don’t know what that’s about).

Sorry to hear they aren’t offering the $4 “please don’t pause” incentive even if one paused already.

Retro shooter. It’s pretty good. But not as good as Quake Remastered.

Yeah that’s a pause. Shipbreaker sounds neat but not my bag, man. The rest, meh.

Prodeus not big enough to be considered a headliner is kind of shocking. Another solid add to a bundle I was already happy with though - no complaints here!

I’m waiting for “boomer shooters” to be inspired by half-life, not quake and Duke 3D.

Yep, another easy skip here – played as much as I wanted of four of those on Game Pass, and have no interest in three of them. Mildly interested in Souldiers, but definitely not for $12 (I also got no discount offer).

Shipbreaker is an outstanding game, but I already have it. No interest in WWE and I already have packing, so a pause for me.

Sadly a pause for me again as well, as I own everything I’d be interested in.

Nope, month-to-month. I can’t remember now if it was offered last month when I skipped, and last time I bought in was July, so if it’s on offer I should have seen it.

So it wasn’t just me. Someone at Humble caught on to our grand scheme to rob them of…
$4 once every 4 months.

What is this SCP* Secret Files thing? Is it related to the other Secret Files games (Tunguska, IIRC)?

*IIRC the initials stand for “Secure, Control, Protect” and there’s a whole X-Files-like mythos about it, which was a huge influence on the game Control.

Yeah, I’m drifting toward a pause. I’d like to get Hardspace but that’s really the only item of interest and I’ll bet I can get that for something comparable or better in the holiday sales. It’s not like I’ve got time to play it right now anyway.

Yeah, SCP Foundation is the open source online fictional database of monsters and weird stuff. There are several games using it as their source material, since it’s not owned by anybody. Best I can tell, this game isn’t associated with any other game or franchise, including Secret Files. (Not the same dev or publisher, anyway.)

I’ve noticed that I haven’t really been getting the $4 discount recently. And it’s not because I got the previous month’s bundle either. Last time I think they offered me $2 off and today it was a lowball offer of $1. Usually the $4 discount isn’t enough to get me to commit so I’m definitely not going in for a dollar.