I hate this guy

Got RAM?

Ditto. It was a nice idea nicely executed. Well, mostly.

From an Origin ad, I’m sorry to say. Instead of ‘We Create Worlds,’ the tagline is, ‘Origin Games. It’s not relaxing if you don’t blast anyone.’

I just was told yesterday the affiliation between origin systems, and the EA loot box delivery service’s name. So far fetched i never world have related the two to an owned trademark.
Brrr.

That sidewindered assface :o

I actually kind of like this one. No hate from me in this instance.

T… there seems to be a problem with that guy’s right index…

I tried to look up what this thing was, talk about an obscure accessory!

Fill me in cause I’m coming up blank!

I suspect it was some sort of video card to out a PC’s video signal to a TV.

A lunix hax0r of the late 90s relates it to another accessory factored by the same brand.

The PSC1106 by AITech is a portable VGA to TV converter. Essentially, you plug one of these into your VGA card’s output port instead of a monitor cable. From there you attach it to an RF Modulator and then attach the RF Modulator to your television.

AITech indicate that there are similarities in the specs of the PSC1106 and (…) AITech GamePlayerTV

How the GameplayerTV itself worked with another video card, I do not know.

Kinda funny seeing lines to set 640x480 or even just 320x240 for a “big screen tv”.

I suspect it might have flickered like crazy (or maybe that was the real brilliance of the GameplayerTV!).

Forget the device, I’m more curious about what game that is.

Clearly it’s Return of the jedi inspired, but I don’t recall that one.

Small print on the ad says “Star XWING Wars is a product of Lucas Arts.”

Magazine date is Feb 1994. So I assume it’s from X-Wing.

Man, that was my first thought but… it doesn’t really match. It’s missing all the cockpit and UI, and it didn’t quite look like that, so sprite based.

Must have been an early version cropped to look like that.

Think it’s from a cutscene. Like in-between missions when you go around talking to people.

I think @BrianRubin must have a similar photo somewhere, only with 5 Sidewinder 2 joysticks instead of one Sidewinder 3D Pro.

I did make a similar image for Patreon, but this was before I had the Sidewinder.

I don’t hate that guy. ;)