I hate this guy

This gnome currently resides on the Blizzard launcher for Hearthstone. I hate her stupid bug-eyed face. I most especially hate her deformed teeth. Every time I see her dumb pink locks I just want to punch her in her stupid little face.

Maybe it’s because it evokes flashbacks of Corey Haim’s trademark crooked smile, or who knows… but whatever the reason, it triggers bad thoughts.

606434_300x300_1

Gah blizzard characters making DreamWorks face really is a sign of the times :(

Until today, I did not realize that was a thing, but it very clearly is. Ugh.

It is one of the very worst things.

For the uninitiated.

Thanks, that’s indeed the source. So classic.

I don’t see it. Am I the only one that doesn’t see it? Between those images there’s no clear consistency of eyebrow position or of mouth shape. Some of them have one raised eyebrow (Dreamworks certainly didn’t invent that) and some of them are smirking (ditto) and some of them are doing both. How is that a thing?

Also, Kungfu Panda (1 & 2 anyway) is great, as is the first Shrek, dammit. :)

Maybe you have Dreamworks-Prosopagnosia. Cuz I can’t not see it.

And I agree that Dreamworks has some good films. And the face. They definitely have the face.

It’s certainly possible. I suspect that if it weren’t for you, this would have gone undiagnosed!

Gyah!

That’s Patrick Stewart.

Take that back!! Patrick Stewart has never made that face in his life!

You aren’t the only one. In the image meme, I see:

1. 2 open mouth smiles, and maybe Donkey is doing something minor with his eyes? But not consistent with the purported look.
  2. 2 “full” smiles, one with exaggerated teeth. I can’t see a resemblance except maybe from the raccoon, where I could sort of easily imagine that one eyebrow is raised but it’s not exactly clear at that angle.
  3. 2 of the crooked smiles I think must be the ones they are talking about in the image above. With one eyebrow raised. These are the two insects.
  4. One closed mouth smirk, although the eyebrow is doing the thing. KFP is a great series though, and in context the panda never really “crooked smiles”, he’s a happy bear. Maybe when he gets hurt and makes a face?

Edit: apologize for the usual rapid-fire edits

Y’all weird.

It’s not that hard to parse eyebrows like > and mouth like < and get Dreamworks face.

(Sidenote, yes of course Dreamworks has made some decent-to-good movies. Which all have Dreamworks face all over them.)

hahaha I have no idea what you mean by this statement.

> <
O O
 <

Dreamworks face?

No like the eyebrows are lopsided to one side and the mouth is lopsided the other way.

I was perfectly clear ;)

I do very much like that you’re starting to quantify what you guys mean.

Still disagree though. What is that thing called where you have something on your mind so you start seeing it everywhere? You guys have that.

Also, by your description I think I make the face you describe at least a few times a week so maybe it doesn’t stand out to me when it happens.

Edit: I went out to the internet and found way better face examples than the ones in PIXAR/Dreamworks meme above. It looks like it’s pretty common in their marketing materials. I watch a lot of these movies with the kiddos so now that I have that face in my brain I’ll see if I start noticing it.

Dreamworks face:

One eyebrow cocked upwards, the mouth on opposite side also cocked up. Can be summarized as “shit-eating grin” maybe? Also possible they were taking the piss with the meme for the above poster.