I love Lego

6 going on 7, and a huge Lego fan.

We built the 900 piece Batman Scuttler set no problem, and he is very much a creative play mind.

My kids (11&7) have it and enjoyed it - probably more than any other Legos they’ve had, but then again they are big Mario fans.

Pretty easy to build, so no problems there at all.

Very much a gimmick, but seems to be an enjoyable one.

Star Wars Nebulon-B set is available on Amazon right now. Limited con set that will sell out very quickly.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DVTDZJY

Just a warning that if you order just one set by itself, Amazon might ship the set in a bag, and so you might end up with a damaged Lego box which isn’t great for collection purposes.

It was available on Lego.com earlier tonight but sold out in about 20 minutes. They might periodically restock so keep checking.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

Got one. Thanks for the tip!

Good lord, it’s hard enough managing the actual pieces and instruction books (and maybe the catalogs). I’ve not heard of anyone collecting the boxes before.

Unlike most Lego sets, these are actually limited collectors sets. These are normally only released at comic convention events, and even then you would need to win a raffle to be able to purchase one.

The box art designs for these releases are also special. For example, the Wonder Woman box art was made to resemble the cover of a classic comic book issue.

For regular sets, I might collapse or cut up the boxes to keep the images of the alternate builds and such. But haha yeah, they take up a lot of room in addition to all the instructions and bricks themselves.

So target is having a bunch of sets on sale for up to 40% off.

I might have gone a little extreme.

I got this for my daughter

And this for my son

Among other, many other, sets

Roma Victrix!

I love Roman history, but I can’t imagine buying - or building - this set. Seems like just way an insanely “monochromatic” set with a lot of repetitive building involved. Compare to the Falcon, where - in addition to tons of external details - you also have intricately detailed interiors - I don’t see how this comes close to that.

Personally, I would have found this more interesting if they had done the model as a reconstruction of how the thing looked in ancient times, Would make the set more colorful (painted statues, grafitti, banners, etc), and one could include working mechanism such as cages, roofs, stalls around the outside, etc.

Yeah I had the same thought - that set looks kind of neat but would be super boring to build.

The always thorough Brickset has a good review up:

Tempted to get this for my brother’s family (he’s a Classics teacher, and the kids love Lego, or did when I last saw them in the beforetimes).

Yeah that would be nice.

Anyone ever sold any “collector’s value” LEGO sets? I have a Space Shuttle and a couple of others that I see pretty high values on, but wondering the best way to sell them for going value with minimal chance of being scammed…

I suppose brickset.com and/or bricklink.com to research pricing and then sell via the market of your choice. I haven’t bought or sold complete sets since usenet and BBSes were The Way.

Huh. My Wall-E has pretty much tripled in value. Nice.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

Nebulon-B Frigate restock on lego.com

It did not last long

If they ever come out w/ an Ultimate Edition of that ship, I’m all in.

So between Christmas and my sons Birthday (saturday) he got a lot of LEGO.

Today is all about Mario legos for him. He’s been playing and building with them since noon yesterday basically, with only a few hours for sledding in break.