I love stusser

For many reasons, but mainly because I have just bought this awesome computer that he told me about.

He’s not bad but certainly no Jason Cross.

Wow, that’s a good deal.

Yeah it’s a pretty good deal due to the 8800GT and blu-ray drive. It’s not the best dell deal ever; they can get pretty crazy.

SHIT!

I could have afforded this about 5 weeks ago before I decided my bank account was getting too full and I felt an urge to empty it. Why didn’t I wait for this little gem to appear.

sobs in corner quietly

Fucking hell. I’d like to buy a pc next time I’m in the US… but I’d have to convince customs I didn’t.
“No sir, I brought this from home… I don’t like laptops”
(actually with 25% VAT I think that would still be a good deal)

Actually, you’d spend as much money as that whole system costs (with the special deal) buying ONLY the CPU, video card, and Blu-Ray drive through Newegg. I’m seriously considering taking advantage of that deal; I was planning to build a new system sometime soon, but that’s a crazy good offer. I couldn’t build a system with those components for that price.

Yeah, I wasn’t even planning on buying a new PC and I’m considering it.

Yep-- and it’s still not the best deal ever. Before xmas they had this exact same system with a DVD+RW instead of the blu-ray but they threw in a 22" LCD and a $200 gift certificate for $800 shipped. That was the best deal of 2007.

Like I said, the dell deals can get pretty crazy.

Holy SHIT I may buy this myself. My self-built system has only a dual-core and 2gb of ram and is $100 less…but crap, who needs Blu-Ray…

Did you buy one, by chance, stusser? One question I’d have for anyone that has one: how are they for noise? One of the things I was going to try this time around was to try to build a very quiet system.

Nope, I build my computers. Not to save money, because I enjoy it. And my 2 year old E6600 at 3.6Ghz with 8800GTS is still plenty fast.

Dells are usually very quiet, though.

Edit: “The XPS 420 is the quietest pre-assembled computer I’ve ever encountered”

Yeah, I enjoy building, too. But that deal is too good to pass up, I’m thinking.

Holy crap I think I may buy this. I just got an offer to buy my old computer, and for $100 more, this is a crazy awesome deal. Anyone know how easy these are to personalize? Can I easily install my second hard drive, and set up my own XP/Vista dual boot?

I see at least two internal 3.5" cages in the interior photo that Dell has on the system overview page, and it does say that it supports RAID configurations.

2 3.5" bays, one used by the included 500GB drive.
2 5.25" bays, one used by the included blu-ray drive.
5 SATA ports, 2 used
1 eSATA port

So you can add 3 hard drives internally and one externally with eSATA.

You can boot whatever OS you want, it’s a computer not a console.

specs

That PC is very similar to the one I bought about two months ago from AVA Direct for a lot more money.

:_(

Wow, with shipping and tax I can get the whole thing for $1070. That’s a lot, but it’s as much as I spent 2 years ago for my current rig, which I’m about to sell for $425…

I wish I could de-include Vista!

It’s on. Consider me and Sones in it to win it, too. Wanna drink port as we order it and tink our glasses together? :)

Consider yourself tinked. I feel bad for stusser, though. Just today he’s sent over $3k of business Dell’s way, but where’s his cut, eh?