I love stusser

Let me know when they offer Wolfdale (E8400/E8500) or Yorkfield (Q9450) options.

They won’t at this price. As was stated earlier, this is probably a way to get rid of the E6600 chips and make way for the E6850s.

Believe me, I’ll be sharing every detail of my tweaking on here. I loved getting the demo running at optimal fps and image quality. Took about an hour and a half, but it looked and ran as well as possible on a rig with 4000+, 7800GT, nForce 4 with 2gb of ram.

It is weird, isn’t it? We all share an instance of this webpage, and now like 7 of us share an instance of that computer. We’re running the Dell instance together.

It is funny. I’d be up for some multiplayer, just as soon as Dell replaces my damn network card.

Good. I like someone else doing all that work for me. :)

I’ll be snagging Crysis sometime in the next month. I’d definitely be up for some multi when I do.

It has a Q6600, not an E6600. Four cores, not two. Big, big difference. Well not for gaming, but still.

Oh, okay, Mr. Technical.

Did we mention that we love you? :)

This is pretty cool…now I’m typing this from the new, super-sexy, incredibly quiet little monolith that’s sitting next to my desk. Thank you stusser, and thank you daedalus3, for bringing this little gift to me. Thank you, my past self, for working really hard so I can afford this. You’re welcome, women of the world; now I won’t bother you so much. I’ll be busy.

Now begins the REFORMATION, wherein we reformat and install THE WORLD!!! Bwa ha ha!

It’s nice to see people happy.

It’s also nice to see high end-gaming rigs scooped up. Stupidly demanding PC gaming ftw :)

I should have bought this computer.

There are tons of people trying flip this deal on ebay. Make a bunch of bids around $800, I bet you get one for less than those in this thread that bought direct from dell.

See? Stusser keeps his best tips for the desperate. He is the Robin Hood of Dells.

According to one of the eBay items, 375w PSU is in the Dell if you didn’t pick an 8800 and a 425w is required for the 8800. The item in question had an ATI HD 2400 card in it, so I’m guessing that people need to be careful if they think they can buy it on the cheap and throw a different video card in it.

Yes, you should actually read each auction before bidding. Good advice, if a bit obvious.

Just got mine and booted it up. Holy crap this thing is quiet. Next up, Crysis!

Nice location there.

Tell us how Crysis runs.

I’ve been playing the Crysis demo last night and this morning…HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS AMAZING. The new patch for the retail game is supposed to bring even more performance gains…can you say stoked?

I’m running it on all High, at 1400x900, no AA, and it runs like butter. I haven’t got fps numbers yet, but when a grenade hit a shack and it blew to pieces and flew everywhere (including into me, killing me), there was only the slightest hint of slowdown. It looks and plays amazing, and that’s untweaked, with the crappy unoptomized Dell version of Vista the rig ships with.

It’s only getting better from here…certain Very High settings, here we come!

I just ran it at 1280x800, all very high settings, no AA… Runs awesome! I need to tweak to see what maximum resolution I can use, etc.

I’m running at 1280x1024, no AA, all on high (with a few very high). Post your tweaks here when you have 'em, if you please ;)

It won’t be for a couple days, as I have NO time to play with it, but I’ll totally get tweaking asap.

How does Oblivion run on it? Modded up (OOO 1.32 RC5) Oblivion still runs like crap on my system.