I love stusser

It’ll handle 1600x1200 on medium and 1920x1200 on low quality.

Shipped! W00t!

My current monitor is 1280x1024. Do I have a shot at high quality?

Probably not, no. High quality is a lot slower than medium. Crysis is a friggin beast. But give it a shot.

JUST in case you haven’t seen this yet, y’all, here’s a great tweakguide for Crysis. I’ve had a lot of success (but not without spending a fair bit of time) getting Crysis running purty and fast on my current rig using this guide.

/VM duties discharged for THIS week…

Hey, thanks for the tip about the E6850. I just pulled the trigger on this one - the price is MUCH better than the system I was speccing out from parts and planning to build myself.

Mine arrived today. Beautiful little box, but a word of warning: if you selected the 802.11g PCI wireless card option, there is a good chance that the included card is not properly compatible with Vista.

There is a full discussion of the issue here:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=netwkint&message.id=17251&query.id=18777#M17251

Anyway, I spoke to XPS tech support this evening and they’re shipping me out a draft N card to replace it (for free, obviously). Just a heads up if you ordered a similar configuration.

I got mine as well. Other than a lack of documentation on how to hook up and configure your speakers – what’s there is skimpy – I’m really impressed with the box. It’s very slick, incredibly quiet, and I ran Crysis with all the settings on high last night. Wow.

Can you connect an HDTV to this computer and watch Blu-ray movies? Does it have an HDMI-out port?

No, it doesn’t have an HDMI-out port, at least not in the configuration I purchased. However, a lot of HDTV’s (like my Sony) accept a VGA or DVI connection, i.e. yes, you can hook it to your HDTV if it supports something like that.

It does have a digital audio out, btw.

Failing that, you should be able to use a DVI-to-HDMI converter to hook up your PC to your HDTV.

So this will be my first pre-built box since my Amiga 500 (believe it or not!). I’ve always been a system builder. How much cleaning of crappy programs/etc needs to be done? Can I install regular NVidia drivers, or does Dell have some customized version that they use, etc? Just curious what sort of driver/software issues I should expect.

It’s not too bad. I had to uninstall Google Desktop, but other than that it wasn’t bad.

I cannot get over how quiet it is. Just need Dell to send me my new wifi card already!

Anyone found a use for Sideshow?

The processor monitor is pretty neat.

Really? What resolution?

1280x960 with 2xAA

Changing audio tracks without leaving my game.

And AA is a huge frame-rate hog (without any major visual difference) in this game; you could get even better FPS if you turn it off.

My version of this rig is on a truck somewhere in the East Bay…perhaps being delivered at this moment! Aiee!

Yeah, it was. I didn’t get a whole lot of time to fart with settings, though. I’ll probably just bump it up to 1600x1200. I was mostly surprised it ran pretty well with AA on, something I didn’t add until I had played for a bit.

This is going to be funky with a bunch of people with the exact same PC. What an odd concept. We should all trade Crysis settings.

DELIVERED.

Of course, I’m not home, and won’t be until 11pm, and I have a friend in from out of town.

KHAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!