I need to live another 399 years to play through all the games I want to

Rough estimate 😂
—————————

Tell me about it! I look at my steam backlog, my bookshelves, my Plex collection of my DVDs and Blu-rays, and I realize I could never get another game or book, and remain entertained until age 100 easily.

But then I see a shiny new book from an author I like and do I take a paper book off my shelf? Nope! But at least the new addition is on Kindle.

LOL I know what you mean.

But… just 100? You’re not 20! 😜

I said I’d stay entertained, not finish everything. :)

You’ve already had the lung transplant. What’s next?

If anyone can do it Jeff, it’s you.

I’ll say again: It’s not a backlog. It’s a collection.

Jeff, we literally can’t live long enough, if the games come out (and we buy them) faster than we play them.

Maybe the game companies will eventually invest in a pharmaceutical company to make a longevity pill so we can live to 150.

We’ll still die with backlogs, but we will have bought many more games.

Win, win.

I walked into the offices at my first post-college job, AMnews (an Amiga disk magazine), to see a bunch of still-shrinkwrapped games on the shelf, along with the ones that had been checked out.

“How have you guys not played these???” I asked plaintively.

“There are so many, eventually you get picky.”

I did not understand.

I now understand.

I love going shopping in my Steam backlog. So many surprises.

LOL that’s funny :)

I know, right? It’s like a game store but a load of stuff you’d never be interested in has already been filtered out.

Need a time stop spell more than ever.

There’s one episode in Tales from the Rifts where teenagers find a device that freezes time.

I want it.

Yep.

And then I play Prey or The Outer Worlds again for the comfort of familiarity.

You got this @jpinard! I believe in you! =)

This. I refer to my huge collection of unplayed Steam/Epic/Origin/Boxed games as “my retirement plan”. I’m not big on fishing, gardening, golfing or other stuff guys seem to do lots of in retirement, so my plan is to stay physically active and play a shitton of video games. I’m sure my wife will be thrilled, but if she doesn’t like it that just means I’ll have even more time for video games! ;-)

Just got past the retirement, new pc, new 32” monitor, new gaming chair / wife dilemma myself. She’s still here, I’ll make her breakfast before I finish up Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

Not even chipping away let alone keeping up with new games!

The opportunity to add to it starts today. Spring steam sale.

I think I have 345 games on my PS5 and a few hundred on Steam. I’ve finished maybe 15 total…I’m in the 399 year category also!