"If Jesus were alive now, he wouldn't necessarily be voting Republican."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2004406277_evangvote11m.html

I think there are more evangelicals in this position than just the college aged ones.

What would Jesus bomb?

Jesus Christ would not support these:

*Concept of a “just war”. He said if you got hit, keep taking it. Over and over.
*Wealth accumulation. You’re supposed to share as a community seeing as his first followers were the underclass, the poor, the harlots, the unwanted. Later changed when wealthy Romans wanted to have paradise on earth and heaven.
*Organized churches.

• Oh yeah, the death penalty.

Yea, I totally asked Jesus what he would support and who he would vote for.

Of course, Jesus might vote Republican. If the Democrat was a godless heathen or a commie or something.

Jesus Christ would not support these:

*Concept of a “just war”. He said if you got hit, keep taking it. Over and over.
*Wealth accumulation. You’re supposed to share as a community seeing as his first followers were the underclass, the poor, the harlots, the unwanted. Later changed when wealthy Romans wanted to have paradise on earth and heaven.
*Organized churches.

• Oh yeah, the death penalty.

I’m not sure I should even say anything, but…I’m not sure that Jesus wouldn’t support some of these things. We don’t have a lot of evidence to draw from, since Jesus didn’t talk much about government, but there’s a difference between “thou shalt not kill” on a personal level, and capital punishment. Ditto with war. God led the Israelites to war several times, and as Jesus is God on earth (if you believe such things) it’s safe to assume that His values would be the same – a country going to war and instituting capital punishment is NOT the same thing as a man killing his neighbor. If you look at the Law, as set forth in the early Old Testament, it talks about the rules that God expected his country to play by. And Jesus said “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17)

Not that I pretend to know how Jesus would vote, just addressing some specifics.

I really shouldn’t even be in here, should I?

So this is like the log cabin republicans, huh?

49 I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49-53)

He sure did a bang-up job.

So, after a precipitous decline, Republican support among young evangelicals has fallen to about the same level as Democratic support among Gay Atheist Black Urbanites.

Thank God other Christians are finally growing a brain. Its been sickening how Republicans have used Christians as a tool to give themselves power and money - abusing so many things Jesus taught against. Man it sickens me how people warp Christianity to fit whatever they want. Just like how the KKK claimed to be Christians…

It’s hard to say. Jesus had everyday problems, just like the rest of us:

Obama obviously not campaigning for the Reformed vote (ha ha, I kill me) http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll30/EconGradStud/Obama.jpg

Jesus couldn’t vote in the Good 'Ol US of A. He wasn’t born here. Would being reborn here count though?

From John Moe’s Pros and Cons of the Top 20 Democratic Presidential Candidates:

1. JESUS CHRIST
    Pro: Could draw some initial interest from the Christian right until they research his actual positions in a deeper way; likable; strong leadership qualities.
    Con: Unkempt; pretty far left; messianic complex.

Above him on that list is:

1. OPTIMUS PRIME
    Pro: Size; power; ability to emit short-range optic blasts.
    Con: Potential attack ad: “Sometimes Optimus Prime is a robot, other times a truck. Which is it, Mr. Prime? America deserves a leader that doesn’t transform whenever it’s convenient.”

If Jesus were “alive”? Isn’t the fundamental belief of Christianity that Jesus is alive?

Someone revoke his Christian card.

He was, then he wasn’t then he was, then he moved to utah and bought an M-16. Or something. At least he knew how to throw a good party in the early years. WATER INTO WINE!

John Moe forgot Optimus’ voice which drips gravitas. For shame, for shame.

You mean run for office.

And it’s really only president that has that restriction, I believe.