If you wanted to play King of Dragon Pass but never got around to it

Aeon, are you playing on an ipad or iphone? If ipad, how’s it look in 2x mode?

iPhone, so no x2 mode. Given the high level of polish, I have a feeling it looks great, but I can’t test it.

I’ve beta’d several iPhone games (enough that I have a udid app to email phone deets to devs) and I haven’t seen a beta version this good before. When everything works and the only niggles are very minor things like tutorial icons partly covering a bit of non-essential game ui, thats damned impressive.

Oh, and the game tutorial required me to raid some randos and suggested I charge during their sacrifice, even though badly outgunned. I lost a lot of duders. :-(

I was just added to the Beta, and can second Aeon221’s impressions - this is not a lazy port. I’m very excited to dig into it more.

King of Dragon Pass was submitted to the App Store today. I spent a LOT of time with the beta and am very excited about the release.

I’ll buy it when it hits. I think that might make the 3rd time I’ve bought the game.

Awesome!

On the other hand, I do not need another great game to play right now…

Some games you can’t buy too many times.

I was always really interested in it, but never wound up getting it for reasons I don’t recall. That will be rectified when this hits the app store.

I just asked him about the price - $9.99. Not as bad as I feared (I had visions of ‘the same as the PC version, of course’) but I think it’s on the high side.

Still, it’s a niche market he’s going for, it’s totally worth it (so good) and he can always have a sale.

I can second the the thumbs up from the beta. I didn’t play near enough as I should have, but even early on it ran well on my iPad (doubled from iphone resolution). Can’t wait for the final version and to purchase it.

Yeah, it might be high compared to many offerings, but it isn’t the sort of game that is going to pull in the casual market by being a buck or two. I think the real question is whether someone who would be all over it at 5 is still in at 10. I don’t think I’ve spent that much on anything previously.

PvZ and Puzzle Quest are $5-6, which seems a better price point to me.

PvZ launched in April at 9.99 and stayed there until Christmas other than being on sale for 5 dollars for a week. We’ll see how KoDP does.

Yeah. Like I said, I don’t think it’s a silly price.

If it were universal, maybe I could see that price, but for an iPhone only game, it’d have to be spectacular to get me to buy it at that price.

Ouch. I forgot it was iPhone only. Yeah, that price is very high for an iPhone game. I had it in the back of my mind this was iPad only (and what i based earlier statements on, sorry) which would make more sense. I guess I’ll wait and see how it looks. Crap.

They should try to get it on Steam for $10, damn them.

Yea, I need it on an iPad with full screen. I could live with iPhone resolution scaled up, is that what you meant by universal? If it’s a small window on the iPad, then yea, I can’t use it. I get headaches from eye strain using an iPod Touch/iPhone.

No, universal generally means it’s designed for iPad from the ground up. He’s said he won’t do that, as the original artwork isn’t high enough rez.

You can always use iphone rez scaled up, though. And it’s extremely well designed for the iphone - I doubt you’ll find it a problem.

I think it looks great scaled up on the iPad.