I'm opening a gaming store!

I have been away from England for a while. I’m back for the weekend. I was having a chat to some.friends and they seem convinced there is a recession coming because house prices are apparently crashing, because apparently there are too many new houses being built.

The flat I bought in 2012 is worth 72% more than bought it for, and I haven’t changed a damned thing in it.

I know the valuation because the neighbour is selling his flat.

And everyone I know but me is employed (I’m between 2 countries and voluntarily free lancing) but, somehow, we’re due an imminent crash. 🤔

Back on topic, I might be visiting LA this summer.

Where is Vesper’s shop?

Prices are falling in London and the SE, but it has very little to do with too many houses being built.

I have no idea if they are or aren’t, or what the causes are. I’m just second hand reporting a conversation that struck me as a bit off, wrong etc.

IIRC, it’s in Denver. I think this is the link.

Specifically the Denver suburb of Littleton.

If you’re coming from London, then Denver is just a hop, skip, and a jump from LA!

That’s me. Sorry for lack of replies so far guys - had friends here for a long board game weekend so just starting to catch up!

No problem. Those Monopoly games have been known to run long.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DifferentDigitalAoudad-size_restricted.gif

-Tom

You got to have a boardgaming weekend on the Magic prerelease? The shop I go to was the busiest I’ve ever seen it, they literally had to throw people off because they needed every single seat for the tournament.

Unrelatedly, I’m going to be in Denver in the summer with my board game obsessed son and brother, thinking to check out your store!

Ours was super busy too, but I had enough employees to cover (I worked Friday day while my friends hung out at the store for the day to help the schedule).

Got to check out Vesper’s store yesterday, the consensus from my family was very positive. What an awesome store!

Thanks for stopping in! Glad you liked the store and was good to meet you.

So how are things going?

Things are going alright. I’d like sales to be a bit higher, but the biggest struggle is just getting people to find out about a new(ish) store. I run into CO area gamers semi frequently who have never heard of the store. Been working a lot on social media advertising which seems to be helping. Despite all of that, I still love it and love working at the store whenever I can!

Have you paid @BrianRubin for SEO insights?

Do you leverage the local meetup groups? If there isn’t a strong one in your area maybe start one or find a store fan to start one. Our local is good word of mouth for the FLGS

How are things going, @Vesper ?

I read there is supposed to be a board game shortage later this year? Is that right?

Thanks for asking @Misguided! It’s going OK. Hoping to get some additional disaster funding from the SBA to make things a little less stressful. We are having events in the store again with people playing Magic and board games and such, so business is starting to improve.

The shipping issue is concerning - I’m trying to stock up on things now before prices go nuts.