Immigration in the US

The psychiatrist who has been prescribing powerful psychotropic medications to immigrant children at a federally funded residential treatment center in Texas has practiced without board certification to treat children and adolescents for nearly a decade, records show.

On the Texas Medical Board’s website, though, Dr. Javier Ruíz-Nazario reported he had that specialized certification for treating children and adolescents. However, according to the website, he has not yet updated the board on the status of this board certification as required by its rules.

Ruíz-Nazario’s name appears on various court documents that allege troubling practices at the Shiloh Treatment Center south of Houston, including affidavits in class-action settlement motions in which children claim they were tackled and injected and forced to take pills identified as vitamins that made them dizzy and drowsy.

Many of the records specifically name Ruíz-Nazario as the doctor who prescribed the medication.

I’d call it Kafka-esque, but Kafka would have been like, “this is a bit much.”

They are also correct on the usage. If it smells like an unaccountable secret police, and walks, talks, quacks like one…

Duran, 42, who is sometimes listed as Duran Ortega, was covering a Memphis protest in April when he was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and obstructing a highway or passageway. In a video taken of the incident, Duran appears to be wearing a press badge and was not the only journalist in the street.

After the charges were dropped, Duran was released from the Shelby County jail and ICE agents were there waiting to arrest him, the county sheriff’s spokesperson Earle Farrell said. A Memphis Police arrest report claimed that Duran’s refusal to get out of the road “caused a hazard.” It also mentioned that he did not have a U.S. identification.

Duran believes his arrest wasn’t over a simple hazard, but that he was targeted for his coverage of the Memphis Police Department in Memphis Noticias, the online publication he founded.

The deadly traps plan would work.

And the cop does… nothing. Some guy demands a black woman show her card, which is not required, to get in a pool, and they make her literally do it for no other reason than one white guy demands it. This guy is harassing this woman, threatening her, and the cop does… nothing.

According to Twitter, he is currently under investigation. So, there is that.

The fact that he doesn’t know Puerto Rico is part of the United States really says everything about the anti immigrant movement.

My favorite bit is that they had to clarify that fact in the tweet.

I’d be willing to bet a good portion of the country doesn’t know that but at least most of them don’t go around harassing people about it. What an asshole. You can just feel the economic anxiety oozing out of him.

I would bet an unseasonably large sum of money that if I walked down the streets and asked random people what country

Puerto Rico
Guam
Northern Marina Islands
American Samoa
US Virgin Islands

Belonged to? I bet we’d see over half of people get 4/5 wrong or worse.

And, yeah, the only reason I don’t say 5/5 is US Virgin Islands is almost a freebie.

That President of the Virgin Islands is a real idiot, though.

Plus the only thing ‘virgin’ about him is his spell checker.

Why am I not surprised. Racist policies enacted by racist jackboots wind up racially profiling and jailing the innocent.

I kept hearing about how the Trump administration has failed to reunite the young (<5) kids with their parents today, despite a court order to do so. So…what does that mean exactly? Will he be sent to his room? I fail to see why this really matters, given how much other shit he gets away with every single day. He’s not expected to be able to comply with the order to reunite all 3k+ kids with their parents by the next deadline either. Seems like CNN and MSNBC were making a big deal about this on the drive home tonight but I fail to see what punishment is involved.

A lot of the parents were deported. So the odds are slim and none that it gets done any time soon. There will be no punishment. Barely any pearl clutching at all.

It wouldn’t be the first time a president told a court to go pound sand.

Hey whattayaknow, the GOP is literally evil.

Me, I’m surprised. It’s truly shocking. Visually stunning, you might even say.

This is the only reason to not bother with the “abolish ice” angle.

Because abolishing ice is something you can have an actual debate about.

Instead, the Democrats should just constantly hammer on the fact that this administration has torn kids away from their parents, and can’t even reunite them. That it had one year old kids alone in courtrooms.

Just say that, every day.

Because no one but the most abhorrent pieces of shit in the 25% core of Trump’s base will defend that.

If you have that issue in the front of people’s minds in November, you won. You win by like, infinite votes.