In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

Galavant writer Dan Fogelman makes a funny:

That’s awesome!

Apparently the Cancellation Bear–or at least that writer–has moved on and has his own site as the newly christened TV Grim Reaper at TVgrimreaper.com

And he already has some predictions, and a formula modification, before the season starts.

1. The Syndication Gods no longer “guarantee”, but rather “strongly suggest” a show with 3 seasons (66 episodes) will be automatically picked up for a fourth. Thanks Mindy Project! (That was an NBC/Universal show that got dumped by FOX under those circumstances).

2. Even so, Agents of Shield is listed as sure to be renewed by ABC. It’s their show.

3. Brooklyn 99 is very likely, but not guaranteed, for the Mindy Project reason. It’s another NBC/Universal show that airs on Fox.

Thanks for the info and link. I really like that guy, even if he is a douche at times on twitter tearing down people who are hopeful that the thing they love will get to keep living.

Whoo hoo, a second season of Galavant? The first season was something that really shouldn’t have worked…but it did. And quite well.

I forgot about this and I wanted to watch it - is it online anywhere?

I know Hulu Plus has the entire first season available.

Hope no one’s a Minority Report fan, because…

What, cancelled already???

It debuted very low, lower than expected, but no word on cancellation that I can find, unless Trigger is willing to link something.

Not cancelled yet, but pretty much just waiting for the axe to fall. Expensive, not a network-produced show (Fox has a stake in it, but this is mostly Paramount/Amblin), terrible ratings.

That’s an 0-3.

Minority Report is certain to be canceled, but don’t be surprised, if like last season’s ratings loser Red Band Society it airs all 13 of its ordered episodes. Enjoy what episodes do air. Typically, the Reaper likes to start at “likely canceled” to give himself room for more headlines in the future, but figured doing it in this case would be stretching his credibility.

They should have kept Almost Human, it was a far better show with great actors.

I’m still horribly bitter about this. Horribly bitter. JUST GIVE ME A SHOW WITH KENNEX AND DORIAN SHOOTING THE SHIT IN A CAR and I’ll watch it, god dammit. THAT WAS THE BEST.

Sigh.

I flip-flopped between loving that show and being incredulous at how goofy/weird it really was, and finally came to the conclusion that it was just too bizarrely good to survive on network TV.

Same. Then to replace it with basically the same crazy genre type show is just… wtf. Almost Human had a fuck-ton of potential (that’s a LOT, by the way) and it was good enough my wife liked to watch it with me, and she hates sci-fi! Terrible waste.

Get the paddles for Sleepy Hollow. The show was barely renewed, and the first episode of season 3 got abysmal ratings. The show also lacks the protection of some season 3 shows (like The Black List, which did OK but nothing spectacular) because it doesn’t have enough episodes from seasons 1 and 2 to keep it going for syndication.

:( But I like Sleepy Hollow.

Though season 2 was crap, its still better than Grimm.

Last Season was really, really bad though. This season didn’t have the strongest start, but I’ll stick around a bit. Just got to it today though, on Hulu.

That’s kinda the problem with Sleepy Hollow, though, right? Saying you like it, based on the first season basically means you like about 40% of the show, and kind of hate the rest. It’s like Heroes all over again…

It’s true. What I really, really like are the characters. I like the actors and actresses, the chemistry between them, the history posed against modern society bits… and then you have the story or the plot which often just makes me… cringe.

Blood and Oil is more like Blood and 13 Episodes and laters.

CSI Cyber viewers shouldn’t be making plans to be watching that show in March, either.