In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

I saw that in the news the other day, WTF NC, how did it even take this long. The NC reddit mentioned they are all over the place in the western part of the state. As an NC mountain boy, that makes me very sad to hear. Literally the majority of the people in the western part of the state do NOT descend from anyone who fought for the Confederacy. The majority of those who served came from the large middle section of the state, closer to the larger cities and governing leadership. The biggest dissenters were coastal or mountain towns and people.

This shit is sad and I blame Trump for empowering more of it.

I agree completely! But when I’m in a more glass-half-full frame of mind, I credit Trump for finally helping us see it for what it is and start putting an end to that crap.

Okay, I don’t credit Trump exactly but you know what I mean! :)

I’m hopeful that your vision is correct. I’m tired of the negativity of it all. Here’s to it hopefully turning a corner.

The one saving grace is Dems still hold a majority on the court (only 4-3 now though). 2022 Court elections gonna be important though.

South North of the border

Suddenly lots here WANT to go to South Hill or Emporia.

These things need a Bobroll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-po_FUmvM

SoBo, Halifax County has the best dirt.

DUSK, BEHIND A COLLEGE STUDENT CENTER

Sill: Uh, yeah, I'm going to need a fake ID.
       Student: *uncomfortable* You a cop?  
       Sill: What?  No!
       Student: For your kid, I guess. How old is he?
       Sill: *wince* Uh, no, I need to pass as a 50 year old 
              a resident of South Boston Va.
       Student: *slow blink* Oh, a "glaucoma passport", gotcha.

EXEUNT

Funny but true, the first southern state that passes recreational marijuana is going to have a boon like no tomorrow.

I’m dumbfounded that Florida (man) or Georgia hasn’t jumped on it yet. I mean, we can take Virginia, after all it’s closer, but is it the same, really?

For that matter, why not Texas? Surely it’s not the Bible Belt attitude holding voters back?

Because you can’t give up the #1 reason for harassing and arresting brown people.

Cops have like a tool box with a hammer in it and nothing else, and that hammer is “I ‘smelled pot’ so I get to violate all your civil rights and the courts will back me on it”. Even when they don’t find any pot, often their searches are considered legal and legitimate probable cause.

They can always fall back on the old standby of “broken tail light.”

True, but that involves turning off a lot of cameras when you break the tail light with your club.

The Pot Method has no oversight and can be used anywhere without risk.

The man speaks the truth.

Greensboro has banned that, as have some other cities.

Ha. Haha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I hope he loves his newfound idiocy for believing a lying idiot because he will never get any money back. As it should be. You need to learn a lesson from the huckster that took your shit man. Maybe don’t believe hucksters.

Why can I never have a conversation like this money quote

After a 20-minute talk with the group’s president, their first-ever conversation, Eshelman was sold.

“I’m in for 2,” he told the president of True the Vote, according to court documents and interviews with Eshelman and others.

“$200,000?” one of his advisers on the call asked.

“$2 million,” Eshelman responded.

The School of Pharmacy at UNC Chapel Hill is named after him.

https://pharmacy.unc.edu/

And from what I read, NC just narrowly approved some new curriculum guidelines for K-12, that include recognition that there are things like racism, sexism, and whatnot in America’s history. Some were put off by what they called negativity, and others thought it didn’t go far enough because it did not mention systemic problems, but what caught my eye the most was the position of the Lt. Governor, Mark Robinson, a Black man who is a Republican and apparently the first Black Lt. Governor in the state’s history. According to the story I saw on CNN:

Among those opposed was Mark Robinson, the first Black lieutenant governor of the state.

“I do not believe we live in a systemically racist nation, nor have we ever lived in a systemically racist nation,” Robinson said.

Um, ok. Like, the entire history of the country until 1865 included legalized slavery? How much more systemic can you get? And then another century of de jure segregation and, after 1896, the concept of separate but equal sanctified by the Supreme Court–I mean, #WTF?