In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

Coincidentally, the board of trustees has 4 members picked by the state government.

I fully expect this cobra to be gerrymandered into the General Assembly in 2022.

He’s a shoe in for state GOP leadership for sure.

His motto? “Don’t tread on me.”

If only I could give +1 like.

No step on snek.

hahaha

She rejects the tenure offer and goes to (lead a new center at) Howard U instead.

Much respect to her, this is absolutely the right response to this entire fiasco. There’s no reason whatsoever for her to put up with this nonsense when she’s obviously in demand - better to go somewhere that values her.

Agreed. Howard probably doesn’t pay quite as well for tenured faculty, but giving UNC the middle finger is certainly worth something too.

https://www.naacpldf.org/press-release/nikole-hannah-jones-issues-statement-on-decision-to-decline-tenure-offer-at-university-of-north-carolina-chapel-hill-and-to-accept-knight-chair-appointment-at-howard-university/

“Since the second grade when I began being bused into white schools, I have been fighting against people who did not think a Black girl like me belonged, people who tried to control what I did, how I spoke, how I looked, the work I produced.

For too long, Black Americans have been taught that success is defined by gaining entry to and succeeding in historically white institutions. I have done that, and now I am honored and grateful to join the long legacy of Black Americans who have defined success by working to build up their own.

“For too long, powerful people have expected the people they have mistreated and marginalized to sacrifice themselves to make things whole. The burden of working for racial justice is laid on the very people bearing the brunt of the injustice, and not the powerful people who maintain it. I say to you: I refuse.

That was an outstanding statement by Prof. Hannah-Jones. I read the whole thing, which was described as a 19 minute read by the website and it was worth every minute.

BTW, it turns out that cobra escaped in NOVEMBER and the owner never reported it.

I fucked a cobra zebra once. It was easy; the hood kept it from seeing me sneaking up.

It takes a tiny dick to fuck a snake, just saying.

I’ve seen those snake things swallow an egg whole, so I’m sure one could make it work out.

No fuck snek.

There’s some hope for NC.

Indeed, that is not what we meant when we said of snek, “do him a boop”

Mark, PLEASE try to pay attention. Not a zebra cobra — a cobra zebra. And I left that zebra satisfied, let me tell you.