Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

WTF?

War of the Worlds was fucking atrocious. It was a blight on humanity.

War of the Worlds wasn’t near that bad. Emphasising how the aliens used us for food made for it’s most potent imagery, but overall the alien menace was done pretty well, although their origin story was stupid (buried? lightning?). Like i feared, it didn’t really understand the Wells story which was about the failures of humanity seen on an individual level, and i thought the aliens in Wells’ were a better horror movie monster, often seen in shadows moving in the distance, ect. The aliens in the book were more ominous because they actually had ranged weapons and not this “laser melee” stuff, although visually they were quite impressive the way Spielburg made them.

But the interpersonal relationship, dysfunctional family crap was out of place and rather dumb. The whole world is being conquered, and you’ve got daddy issues that are more important? Go get eaten then goth kid.

Indiana Jones and the Search for Duke Nukem Forever.

I hope they get Mastodon to do the soundtrack to Crystal Skull.

No, it was retarded. After the first half hour, shut off the DVD, leave the theater, whatever. You’ve seen all there is to see.

If you hadn’t had any major motion picture work in 20 years, you’d look that happy, too.

It was either this or the Animal House sequel.

lets not downplay the importance of “Star Man”

That picture makes me sad. Look how old everyone is. Even Shia looks old, somehow. And the smiles are all terrible, it’s a bad picture, and it makes me think the movie will be bad. But I already thought that.

I really wish Spielberg would stop making movies. I’d like him to stop in 1983, if possible.

I will never forgive Speilberg for violating the dreams of Stanley Kubrick.

Indiana Jones and the Colon Movie Film for Theaters?

There was an Animal House sequel? How the hell did I miss that, and was it as big a train wreck as I have to assume it was?

Or did I miss your point, and you were just making an analogy?

He gave it to him and helped him develop it, but maybe he didn’t know what kind of filmmaker Spielberg is!

You guys are clueless to the true story of A.I. and Kubric’s/Speilberg’s intent.

Now go ahead and tell me those were aliens at the end of the movie, I dare ya!

I still think A.I. would have been tolerable if they had just ended it sooner.

• Alan

Actually, there was a sequel to Animal House - the short-lived TV series Delta House.

What, the robots?

The beep shall inherit the Earth.

They should have done Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Greyskull, where Jones has a team up with He-Man to take down Skeletor.

Kingdome of Greyskull. Isn’t that where the Mariners play?

Yah, the title should have less words, like the original movie. Preferably only one or two words, like all good action movies! Such a long title implies too much pandering to Pulp influences, and what good can come of that?

;~P