Into the Breach - Turn Based Strategy

@amandachen already did :)

Duh!?!

That’s where the quoted text is from.

Arise!!! Into the Breach will be released next Tuesday for $15 on various platforms.

600x338

PC Gamer gameplay video

I have a cough. Will probably turn into the flu by Tuesday ;). Cough cough.

Their website says only PC for now.

What platforms will it be on?
Into the Breach will be initially available on Windows. After release we intend to bring the game to Mac and Linux as well. As a small studio, we found managing that large of a release for FTL very difficult, so we’re going to spread it out more this time. We will consider the possibility of bringing the game to Mobile devices and/or consoles in the future, but it is not a priority at this time.

By platform, I misspoken, what I mean to say is the game will be released on Steam/GOG/Humble etc.

Yes for Steam and GOG. Very likely that it will also show up on Humble.

This looks rather cool. There’s little to no randomness apparently and it has a very puzzle-like quality, not in the sense that there’s only one way to do things, but in the sense that enemy attacks are telegraphed before they happen (maybe because you are time travelers?) so you get a chance to intervene before that happens, either by killing the unit, moving out of the way, moving the enemy unit so the attack doesn’t land, etc.

Reviews seem to be slowly hitting; the two I’ve read are very positive.

Launch trailer: https://vimeo.com/257441417

Today is the day! 27th! I find myself queuing up money in hand…

Take my money!

Edit: (15hrs more according to Steam)

That, or Space Tyrant… tough decision for a tough day!

Get both! I solved my problem by purchasing Space Tyrant and completing it before this (it was great), ha!

I bet you’re only interested because it’s a game about time travelers from the future like you.

I liked the bumping-enemies-into-things mechanics in Romance of the Three Kingdoms and it sounds like this game does the same thing but emphasizes it more. I guess at this point there’s nothing to do except watch this thread and see if anyone can come up with a reason not to buy it.

Haha, if you meant Space Tyrant. It was on EA and I could not wait for the release version.

Oh yes! Not only “passably” but very!

Two raves from PC Gamer and Game Informer.

For those who loved FTL for its thoughtful and clever design, it’s all here, too. But Into the Breach is a much tighter, more focused game. While there are plenty of weapons to experiment with, pilots with differing abilities to unlock, and level gimmicks to get your head around, you’ll have a very good idea of its breadth in your first run. For some, Into the Breach might lack a sense of mystery and expansiveness, but for me, it’s more than enough to fuel a hundred hours or more of the most consistently rewarding tactics I’ve played in many years.

Into the Breach demands concentration and lateral thinking, and some players may balk at the painful sacrifices that become necessary at higher difficulties, and how they arise from random factors of unit placement. Others may struggle at the necessity of such deliberate planning on each turn. But those are less faults of the game, and more variations in player taste. Subset Games has put together a carefully curated playground of tactical puzzles which hide behind a façade of simplicity.

Welp, I’m definitely breaking my promise of completing my backlog before buying more games tomorrow.

Tom is streaming this right now.

Is that game legal? I mean, it looks SO addictive…

And its a go!

I agree. I didn’t want it going into the stream last night, but now…