Into the Breach - Turn Based Strategy

Lightning is no joke! Don’t get hit by lightning. This was a public service announcement.

The feeling I get when I figure out how to save the civilians while keeping my squad intact is why I play videogames. It’s the opposite of the skinner box horseshit that feels so omnipresent these days.

Just picked it up. I love it so far.

If you get it on GOG you also get FTL: Advanced Edition free.

good work, steam buddies. This game is really really neat.

I feel like I’ve been waiting for a game just like this for a very long time. Now to wait for other platforms.

That’s where I am. I will definitely be buying this, it’s just a question of whether or not I get it on the Mac or the Switch. Having watched some of Tom’s stream, I’m leaning toward the latter.

I will not join you there.

Because I’m buying it on GOG. ;)

The way you position units on small battlefields to use abilities coupled with (and this is important) the fact that the order you do things is critical is what I find so appealing. It reminds me in that respect of my favorite rpg combat system ever, from Enchanted Arms.

I love the battlefield evolution and interaction that’s possible here.

Yeah, I would like to know, though, why destroying the dam is something that earns favor from the corporation

Maybe you drown some pesky environmentalists?

I don’t know the story well, but my assumption is it would protect those buildings from future incursions (from a story point of view, of course, you’ll never revisit that battle field again). Probably not great for property value but since most of the bugs can’t cross the new river, I’d imagine it’s a defensive measure.

They pretty much had me at ‘from the developers of FTL.’

Much like another mission you’re converting grasslands back to desert. These corps are mysterious.

I’m torn on holding for a Switch version, because I’m not sure how far off it is. Or even if it’s been confirmed beyond ‘maybe’?

What’s wrong with buying 2 times! =) I did that with both the PC version and iPAD for FTL and because of their success was rewarded with the Advanced Edition. These guys deserve our support.

I’m sure they’ll be plenty successful without me needing to buy it a second time.

But there’s a good chance I will… :)

Also it is only $15. I’ve bought on GOG and guessing will by in Switch if it appears there.

Yay! Finished the first island. Fun game.

Grats, I just woke up and purchased it wanting to play when my wife dragged me to have a morning walk haha.