iOS Games Thread

Sound’s fine on mine also though I’ve usually been turning it off.

Well shit. Just noticed that Yggdrasil and Phantom Leader both died in the great ios10 purge.

Yeps. I hate keeping dead weight on my iPad, but then I’m afraid to remove them just due to that slim chance the devs might wake up and update them no matter how unlikely,

I tried playing Xenoshyft again, in light of some recent updates, and it’s… improving.

I have experienced a couple of bugs, always in the fighting phase. Unlike previously, you can now resume at the start of the fight phase (which could account to cheating, as the opposing deck isn’t randomized, but that’s another matter) to get around some lock-up strangeness. Not super elegant, but much less infuriating than losing all progress as before.
The game still needs to improve its display of phases and such in my opinion, and reading the horror stories about multiplayer on forums makes me think you shouldn’t play this online, but another year or two, and it should be ready for release!

That reskinned Fallout Shelter game for Westworld is out.

Well, guess that was bound to happen:

So I guess “Behavior” is the developer that partnered with Bethesda on Fallout Shelter and WB on Westworld. My gut reaction is you’d have to be crazy to make such a similar style of game without knowing where you stood legally, maybe Bethesda was just caught of guard that Behavior would have the nerve to create a similar game for someone else. But Bethesda aren’t idiots either.

Weird all around.

Well, considering Bethesda sued Mojang over the word “Scrolls”, I can’t say I’m shocked.

I reached what seems to be the end of it today and it was an unsatisfying conclusion.

Basically at day 340, the game flips you the finger, calling “game over” on you, by first wiping out all your monsters in a second. My level 200 Elisabeth was strong enough to withstand the assault of the seraphic horde for a minute or so. Then a summary of the run screen appeared.
Very, very unsatisfying. Can’t say it’s surprising for a Korean game: they have a tradition of taking the worst of Japanese gaming, and making it even sourer.

They’re alleging code reuse, I read.

Up Left Out is a surprisingly satisfying little sliding tile puzzle game. It steadily and cleverly adds new little twists (some literal!) as you progress and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

That was fun. Certainly left me wanting more when it ended.

Why didn’t anyone tell me my favorite game on iOS had a sequel?

Never heard of it!

I redownloaded Ascension after a yearly hiatus, and I was surprised to find the game in a quite… weird status: loading screens everywhere, overall slugishness, sacrificing cultist a chore manipulation I have to redo over half the time, and some new artwork I couldn’t care less for, forcing me to relearn the look of most cards, and suppressing some of my old favorite illustrations. Some glitches too, like cards wrongly highlighting the zone you can put them into. Overall, the game is much less pleasant than the slick experience of my souvenir. Even confusing in some aspects.
What the hell happened? Is it because of Asmodee?

I have to assume so. I love the latest exp and the new in-game chat is nice, but it is running ROUGH with way too many lockups and disconnects in both the Steam and iOS incarnations.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this will still run on my iPod, but if not I guess I might play it occasionally on an iPad.

Yeah, when Asmodee took a few months ago they redid everything. As you mentioned, the app runs more sluggish now and there are a couple bugs. For example I played a turn in a game this morning and I am supposed to choose a construct from each opponent to destroy, however, I see know way to do that. It used to just put the constructs on my screen if the opponent had more than 1 and let me choose.

It was one of my favorites too. The sequel didn’t really stick with me though but I’m not sure why. Maybe I’ll give it another go. It was a bit annoying moving around the map so much I think.

I could never get into Battleheart Legends. Is 2 like that, or a rehash of 1?

Rehash of Battleheart 1. Legends was more of a spin-off. From everything I’ve been reading, BH2 is just like BH1, just some spiffier graphics, but gameplay mechanic wise, they’re almost the same.