iOS Games Thread

It is addicting all over again. Sat down to play a quick battle or 2 and an hour later I put it down.

Started getting a few passive abilities. Very powerful. I notice more of an impact from them then I do from equipment.

Battleheart 2 thoughts:

The addition of co-op is pretty cool. You and a friend can each control two characters and it is interesting to specialize like that. There aren’t many good mobile co-op options so this is welcome.

Other than this, it’s the same game as it was 7 years ago. Slightly better graphics. I wish they would’ve advanced the game play mechanics or added a story to lessen the grind a bit.

@Left_Empty - upon your enthusiasm for Firefight got me to get it. But I am having a really hard time focusing on the teensy little people, and when I zoom I have trouble keeping track of what’s going on beyond that little slice. How do you do it?

The individual soldiers can be hard to see, but at the squad level the position and facing are easy to control. And the squads themselves are easy to select in the lower left panel. I think that’s how the game is meant to be played.

It might be I was so familiar with the PC game that I don’t even have to think when playing it anymore!
I am playing on a phone screen, where the view is quite zoomed in as default. Overall, it is a very simple game where the goal is to connect your little patches of ground, and put ZOCs to prevent the computer from splitting your territory.
For the occasional fumble, there are undo and redo buttons at the bottom of the screen too, so I am never anxious about doing poking the screen wrongly.

That’s Slay, not Firefight.

Ah oops.
But my enthusiasm was for Slay, not Firefight!

Oh duh. I am so dumb sometimes. So is Slay the game you use to help you settle in to sleep? I can’t seem to find that post.

Has anyone played Mini Metro on iPhone? I’m enjoying it on PC and was wondering if the controls on iOS hold up?

I asked the same question a year or two ago, and I was told they were fine. I grabbed the game there, and it is my turn to concurr: it controls really great, I even like it better than the mouse controls (which I suspect I am using wrong, so take that with a grain of salt).

That was Baseball Highlights 2045, way back (linking to myself, such an egotist thing to do!).
Slay is a great game, but way too intense for sleeping purpose for me.
I have been using Shenzhen Solitaire for that purpose the past year. Wonderful little game.

Anyone try Motorsport Manager Mobile 3? Wonder if this is coming to PC?

From what I’ve read, it seems to be the PC DLC.

I have been trying to track down info. I never played the last DLC, so I am not sure how much of a change there is. From what I gather, new graphics (obviously), supply chain system, qualifying system, and something called “influence.”

Developer has hinted at PC version on Twitter, but I didn’t see this myself. Guess I will pick it up to support them and hope they bring it to the PC.

There’s a new Hidden My Game By Mom! Have we talked about these games here before? I’m in too much of a hurry to check!

The first two were mentioned a while back I believe. I had a good (if short) time with both.

Thanks for the recommendation for Mini Metro. It does indeed play great on iOS.

Okay this game is a lot of fun so far.

In the video it seems similar to Ballz. I’m all for iteration on that concept!

That looks fantastic…but I’m having a hard time telling if you can play in landscape. I mean, the video is, but I can’t tell if that’s just the way the video was made or you can actually play like that.

Just tried it myself and it looks like you can only play in portrait (on iPhone at least, see below)