iOS Games Thread

Dungeon Scroll has been made free:

It’s a Boggle RPG. The time limit is pure evil. I wished I had more English vocabulary.

I was thinking Civ VI might be a good iPad game so I checked to see what the status of the DLC was. Rise and Fall is supposedly coming (at least they said it was 4 months ago), but according to Polygon Gathering Storm is not. This is exactly why I don’t buy high end games on iOS. I am guessing they learned that it’s not cost effective to do the DLC, but at the same time they are reinforcing why I don’t buy big name games on for my iPad. If they aren’t going to support them, I am not buying them.

The delays in bringing the expansions to iOS for Civ VI are due much more to technical issues than because they’re not cost effective.

Both of the expansions are being worked on currently.

You are with Aspyr I take it? You guys should let Apple sites like Mac Observer know it’s coming. I went from I being interested to writing it off because of a lack of information.

Civ VI is great on the iPad - I’m not a big fan on the PC but it really works on the iPad for some reason (probably a good amount due to how stunted most games are on the platform).

Are the expansions coming to the Switch version?

I pointed that article out to our marketing people.

I’ve got nothing I can share about Switch.

You can tell them I am dying to pick the rest of the expansions on iPad. The vanilla civ iPad port is awesome - spent more time playing it than the PC version which I own just because it’s so convenient.

Good job on that and don’t give up on the expansions!! :)

Well jeez, it sounds like I should buy it and wait for the DLC. I know Aspyr is good about patching Mac versions, but does the iPad get the other smaller patches?

What’s the best looking and playing single player tower defense right now?

Probably still Plants Vs Zombies…

They kind of died out on iOS. Used to be there were tons of them. Now it seems, I only see the Kingdom series, which has become a bit repetitive.

If anyone is interested the inevitable wave of mobile versions of auto chess has begun. Search Red Tides on App Store. Tried it out yesterday and it’s a pretty accurate conversion of the DOTA auto chess formula. Free to play with IAP for cosmetics only (from what I can tell).

Not sure yet this is a genre that translates well to mobile as matches are real-time and take 20-30 min to complete.

Note: current App’s title and description are in Chinese but the actual app is translated into English .

The only expansion I wish they’d port to iOS Civ 6 is the newest one, and mainly just to have named features in the world.

The problem I have with iOS games is that I have too many. And can’t even find time to play the ones I have.

But stylus Civ 6 seems the best version of that game.

I do wish Aspyr could pair with Paradox and bring some games to iOS like the Endless series. Those are more concise 4X then most and would be great mobile games.

Searching this thread I don’t see mention of shield wall chronicles, demons rise, or demons rise 2. These are all tactical turn based RPG’s And sound like something I would like, has anyone played them?

I flagged it!

Amid the Steam sale, mobile devs are also having sales. Stole this list from Board Game Geek, so these games are all board game ports. Android versions included as well.

Fighting Fantasy Legends on Google Play
$1.49 (normally $3.49)

Fighting Fantasy Legends on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $3.99)

Fighting Fantasy Legends Portal on Google Play
$1.49 (normally $3.49)

Fighting Fantasy Legends Portal on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $3.99)

Love Letter on Google Play
$1.49 (normally $3.49)

Love Letter on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $3.99)

Patchwork on Google Play
$1.49 (normally $3.49)

Patchwork on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $3.99)

Perudo on Google Play
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Perudo on The App Store
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Splendor on Google Play
$1.99 (normally $4.99)

Splendor on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $4.99)

Ticket to Ride on Google Play
$1.99 (normally $4.99)

Ticket to Ride on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $4.99)

Talisman on Google Play
$1.49 (normally $3.49)

Talisman on The App Store
$1.99 (normally $3.99)

Talisman: Origins on Google Play
$1.99 (normally $3.49)

Talisman: Origins on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $3.99)

Zombicide: Tactics & Shotguns on Google Play
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Zombicide: Tactics & Shotguns on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Outline Development apps are on sale on for the next 4 date (until June 28):

Camel Up on Google Play
$2.49 (normally $3.99)

Camel Up on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $3.99)

The Game on Google Play
$2.49 (normally $3.99)

The Game on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $3.99)

Noch mal! on Google Play
$2.49 (normally $3.99)

Noch mal! on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $3.99)

Qwixx on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $3.99)

Acram Digital apps are on sale until July 9 (the sale will be extended past the date listed on Google Play):

Steam: Rails to Riches on Google Play
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Steam: Rails to Riches on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Istanbul on Google Play
$4.89 (normally $6.99)

Istanbul on The App Store
$4.99 (normally $6.99)

Istanbul for the Nintendo Switch
$11.99 (normally $19.99)

Eight-Minute Empire on Google Play
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Eight-Minute Empire on The App Store
$2.99 (normally $4.99)

Handelabra apps are currently on sale:

One Deck Dungeon on Google Play
$3.99 (normally $6.99)

One Deck Dungeon on The App Store
$3.99 (normally $9.99)

Sentinels of the Multiverse on Google Play
$0.99 (normally $6.99)

Sentinels of the Multiverse on The App Store
$0.99 (normally $6.99)

Bottom of the 9th on Google Play
$0.99 (normally $4.99)

Bottom of the 9th on The App Store
$0.99 (normally $4.99)

From Playdek on Google Play and The App Store for the next 6 days (until July 1)

Fort Sumter: Secession Crisis on Google Play
$3.99 (normally $6.99)

Fort Sumter: Secession Crisis on The App Store
$3.99 (normally $6.99)

Some apps from Nomad games are currently on sale

Cat Lady on Google Play
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Cat Lady on The App Store
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Talisman: Horus Heresy on Google Play
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Talisman: Horus Heresy on The App Store
$0.99 (normally $1.99)

Apologies for the self-promotion but I thought this might interest people as it’s not something I’ve seen before (I don’t think)?

PlayDek originally created the digital version of Fluxx back in 2012, but it was delisted in 2017 in the Appocalypse and they said at the time they had no plans to update it to 64-bit. Turns out, plans really can change, which is nice.