iPad3 LTE?!

Being on stage is one thing, and you’re right – but another one is being in the app store and using the new hotness (which sells more of the new gadgets). Apple pushes to get the new features used as soon as possible, so it makes sense for apps as popular as Angry Birds to be available on day one of a new release.

Then again, whether that requires early access would depend on the timing between announcing and shipment. It might not even be needed.

I’ll expect Firemint to be there on Day 1.

Wait, didn’t the Evil EA Empire buy them out? Shit.

Announcement coming on March 7th, with 2048x1536 resolution and quad-core seemingly locked in. It appears LTE is for real, too.

MacRumors proves it will have 2048X1536 resolution?

iPad 2 sold. Now its just a matter of waiting. Hopefully its not too long after its announced. (And hopefully they will allow online preorders and delivery so I dont have to wait in line.)

The minute they announce it’s resolution officially at 2048X1536 and open pre orders it’s mine. Haven’t been this excited for an electronic gadget in quite awhile, 1024x768 has been a pain for PDFs and comics.

Also hoping it can handle my large music collection better, the original iPad just chokes on it.

The update to resolution makes this the iPad I’ve been waiting for. I think everything has matured enough - including websites not streaming video with flash - that an iPad is pretty attractive now. Pre-ordering sounds like the right idea, I have a feeling these will be hard to get a hold of.

Yup this was the upgrade I was waiting for. I want one!

Yep, sold the family iPad 1 in anticipation of passing down my iPad 2 to my wife and son. :)

This is pretty good confirmation, though not an official announcement.

Yeah, 1024x768 is okay for the Comixology stuff, but for older comics bought on disk in PDF collections, you have to zoom and scroll as the text is just a bit fuzzy. So I’m really excited for the next iPad just for the resolution. I’ll buy it even if they don’t change anything else.

Well rumors are starting to get all over the place. The main questionmarks for me are if the thing is going to be quadcore, are the capacities going to double, (neither of which are deal breakers since they’ve had me at retina display) and please god let me be able to preorder and have the thing shipped to me. I don’t want to wait in line.

March 7th.

I’ve decided to get in on the iPad thing with this generation. Can’t wait for some electronic board game goodness.

Well that tears it, I’m getting one.

They are going to be minting money. God damn it. Selling at 210 wasn’t a great idea!

I feel the same way.

If they let me pre-order one as with the iPad 1 I’ll order it on Wednesday. If I have to wait in line, I’ll get one anyway, but will probably wait 2-3 months until they are widely available. I have no desire to show up daily at the Apple store to see if they have the model I want available.

Kind of annoyed that it appears that the leaks are so big nowadays that there won’t be much in the way of surprises. Heck, I’ve pretty much seen the entire device in the form of spare parts at this point.

Still, I just want that screen for (legal, on DVD) PDF comics. Everything else is gravy.

My only decision is whether to spring for the LTE version or not.

This is my thought too, but I want to make sure the battery life is equivalent.

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

So is it going to be iPad 3 or HD? I suppose I’ll find out tomorrow when I wake up. As much as I dislike Apple I gotta admit they can really build up the anticipation! :)

iPad 3D

Newest rumours of a haptic touchscreen seem to have some evidence behind them. That second sentence “And touch.” on the invitation may have a deeper meaning behind it, after all.

If the iPad 3 is both Retina Display and haptic touchscreen, it’s going to blow the roof off Apple’s sales numbers, assuming they can get supply chain hurdles handles.

Haptic sounds very cool, especially for the onscreen keyboard. Unless it drains the battery horribly.

From the description of the Senseg haptic tech (reference slashgear, Senseg), there’s no motors used, so no DC motor battery drain here.