iPhone 8 Apple 2017

Yeah, I noticed that too when the guy was playing the Journey spin-off. Terrible. I love my Apple TV for its speed and apps, but damn, the remote is bad. I end up using my Harmony remote far more often, which means I lose out on the Siri functionality (which I also dig).

Definitely very happy with same price as HD and I’m shocked and overjoyed that my existing movies are going to get automatically upgraded for free. I can’t believe that the movie industry didn’t at least make us pay some sort of per movie upgrade price (and was actually expecting we’d just have to rebuy everything).

Am I missing a URL that would direct me to what you guys are talking about?

LOL WTF, Apple?

(Chrome, IE11, Firefox)

There’s also the macrumors livestream.

Only Safari and Edge work.

Stereo speakers are cool, and the tru-tone display is actually awesome-- have it on my iPad. Otherwise 8 and 8+ are exactly as leaked.

It’ll be up on YouTube later. But yeah, the live streaming has always been Apple product only supported.

Not at all, MS Edge works as of a year or two ago.

Well, unlike richy-rich types like you, @stusser, and @ephraim, not a lot of folks can just drop $800 (or $1600, if they’ve a partner) in one go :P

Ha ha. Filthy rich and grad student are oxymorons. How about frugal and willing to save for something I know I’m going to spend a lot of time with?

Back to the livestream, I guess we’re all waiting on the iPhone X stuff, because the Internet seems to be holding its breath.

Bleh. I block Edge at the office, it fucks with our home page settings. I could undo it but I’d have to set up a new GPO for everyone else and deny me to it, and undo the normal GPO settings, and I don’t really care that much. I’ll check it out on youtube later. Is there a summary for the iphone8 anywhere yet? I’ve seen folks talk about OLED screens and remotes and $1200 price points so far…?

That’s the X, the 8 is essentially an iPhone 7 with a glass back, stereo speakers, and a tru-tone display. And faster, of course.

They’ll get to the X in a couple minutes.

The OLED one isn’t called iPhone 8. It’s called iPhone X and it hasn’t been announced yet. iPhone 8 seems to be what would have been an 's" revision in the past. Improvements in camera, processor. I guess they changed the back to glass, so that warrants a whole new version number. I really hope it’s as super hard as they say.

Thanks!

Splitting the brands off seems like a bad idea. We’ll have ipod touch, ipad, iphone #, and then iphone x? What will the sucessor to the X be called, iphone x plus? and then xi? I suppose I shouldnt’ speculate until we actually know something about it…

My guess is the successor will be the iPhone 9 in the same form factor and the old-style iPhones with bezels will be going away. This will happen next year, assuming the X doesn’t flop and they can get the OLED screens from a vendor in addition to Samsung to do it.

I thought this would be the year they got rid of the version number: iPhone, iPhone Plus, iPhone Pro.

As said, they haven’t announced the 'X" so we will see if the leak was accurate, or that was a placeholder.

Leaks came from the actual iOS 11 code. They are all 100% accurate.

This is going to be Apple’s biggest marketing challenge, ever. People expect the iPhone X to be very expensive and very hard to get at first. That means Apple marketing needs to convince people to buy the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus while also not discounting the benefits of the improvements of the iPhone X. It’s a tightrope. I dunno if they’ll succeed.

I’m watching this on the gigantic iPad. I love the thing.

Initial reaction to iPhone 8… “Meh, like my 7 Plus but with twice as much glass to break and (yawn) wireless charging, No need to upgrade.”

“TAKE MY MONEY, APPLE.”

Okay, they’re gimmicky, but I use the camera a lot, and the new stuff and sensor look cool.

Now we’ll just see if the X has anything to push my wallet open even wider.

AR’s not thrilling to me. Yeah, I want to battle spaceships flying across my desk instead of in space? Nah.