iPhone 8 Apple 2017

Wireless charging is cool, especially since I believe they’re using the industry standard. Yup, Qi.

I did not know that’s how you pronounce Qi.

Holy crap, Apple is using an industry standard instead of “inventing” their own. Gasp.

$799 for the 64GB 8 Plus. The iPhone X is going to cost the gross national product of Belize.

That was my reaction. I am not interested in yet another apple proprietary accessory, so this was a pleasant surprise. Also slightly disappointing that they don’t have anything better. Damned if you do…

Here it comes…

It’s really sad how Apple can’t stop leaks anymore. iPhone X looks exactly like the renders we’ve seen on Apple rumor sites for months now.

They’re calling it “ten” instead of “ecks.” So, new naming scheme after the iPhone 8, i guess. Can’t see them introducing an iPhone 9 a year or later after the “ten.”

I see they are not only embracing the notch, but also the camera bump. Oh, and it’s “iPhone X as in 10”

Yep, exactly as leaked. Hate the notch. Good to see the front will always be black though.

That HomePod leak screwed them. The GM leak last week was just the reach around.

There are some credible theories that Apple lets it happen, even the most minor leak such as Airpod dev kit code… it’s a way they manage expectations. Otherwise people start expecting holographic retinal injection phone.

Wait, he keeps calling this iPhone 10…? WTF?

Yeah. I’m surprised. Because it’s harder to market the 8 vs the 10.

Who is going to buy an 8 when there is a 10? And won’t people (including me!) wonder where the damned 9 went? Who thought this was a good idea?

All that HDR, deep color, etc. would be awesome on my Gigantic iPad. Not doing precision photo editing on my phone.

Apple’s leaks are controlled. They leak to something like the Wall Street Journal, or a trusted source who writes a puff piece about Apple’s “courage” to remove the headphone jack.

Yeah, they don’t leak a prerelease version of the entire OS tailored for an unannounced device. There’s no way to control that.

Here come the details on Face ID. I really hope it works as well as, if not better than, Touch ID. Well, it’s got an IR Camera, so I guess it will work in the dark, at least.

I am. In fact, the 10 is almost making me think about skipping a gen, again. There is too much first-gen things in here for me to think about reliability. I’m almost tempted to wait until this stuff is on the mainstream phone.

I better get more consistent about how I maintain my beard…

With the amount of dots they’re describing, I don’t think your beard is going to make any kind of difference. Yup, he literally just mentioned beards.