iPhone 8 Apple 2017

RGB accents or GTFO

I wonder how the wireless charging will work with a case.

So $1099 for 256GB, probably?

Wonder what the talk time is on the cellular Apple Watch?

No. Think it’s more. The Canadian prices are up in the Apple Store app and its $210 more Canadian to go to 256 ($1319 CAD and $1529 CAD). I think that’s $150 US.

I had to bail on the last bit as a call came in, did they announce any prices or release dates?

Preorders for the X are October 27 and available November 3.

don’t get me wrong… it’s a beautiful device!! but I just can’t see justifying the price point for web browsing or… reading comics. But if you’re a big media consumer via tablet, I can see how it would be awesome!

Yep, $1149 for the 256GB iPhone X.

Release date is 11/3 for the X.

For me, the price justification is that i’m a hardcore photographer. I can sell my Sony RX100 Mk IV, which I’ve used once in the last year, to cover about half of the price.

Should’ve kept a Touch ID sensor on the back, IMHO.

Supposedly this Qi charging is the old 50% slower than newer Qi wireless charging standard. If it was fast, they would’ve mentioned it.

Animojies are fun. Otherwise, while as usual, an amazing device, the-future-of-smartphone tech seems awfully similar to everyone else’s 2017 flagship.

It will work fine, as long as you don’t have a ridiculously thick case. It works via magnets, which become attenuated by distance.

I have an iPad Pro and it’s a freaking delight for things from comics and web browsing to watching Netflix or Game of Thrones out on the back porch when it’s a gorgeous evening. I can also connect into my office and work with relative ease, which is really handy. Plus games (especially board games) work wonderfully on it. Well worth the price.

ok I get it :D I’m just insanely jealous of all of your iPad Pro’s !!!
GAH!!!

/me run’s off, cuddles his old crappy ipad 2, and cries.

fme… and now you’ve added an actual pic too!! LOL

Arguably, except connecting into the office when I’m on call, anything I currently enjoy on the ipad pro can be done on the ipad 2 - in fact, that’s the first ipad I had, and I read comics and watched streaming video on that thing for ages, until I donated it.

I’m about ready to upgrade the iPad 2… Hearthstone has a hard time with it now… graphical lag. time to donate it and get a PRO! (or an iPhone X… hmmmm)

I … sent my iPad Pro 12.9 back. I found it too large and prefer the Mini, and i’ve got too much stuff and don’t need it.

I feel the same way about my 2016 Macbook. Barely use the thing, everything I need from an Apple device I can get from the iPad Pro (the larger one).

I’ve already blabbed on about my migration away from Apple but I do think if there was one device I’d get/keep it’d be the iPad Pro.

Was there any news about the iPhone SE? An upgrade to the internals or a price drop?