IPhone SE release imminent?

I picked up an SE after returning the Pixel. Coming from a 7 Plus it’s basically the same phone, though sure, faster and all. I would have kept the 7 Plus but the speaker/mic on the phone were shot, and the battery was shot, and it was pretty old, though not really beat up (no cracked screen, ect).

But even with old style battery case, wow, the battery life on this thing is horrible. I unplugged it last night at 100%. This morning it was at 20%… just sitting on the desk. I can get about two days of time with the battery case but i’m pretty surprised how it just slowly burns battery doing nothing. It felt like a more modern phone like the Pixel was better at standby power consumption. I mean it actually feels like the worst iPhone i’ve had with standby time… but maybe i don’t remember the 3s and 4s and 5s from years ago that well.

Also, are there any screen protectors for this 7-8-SE sized phone that don’t suck? The glass screen protector from Amazon barely fits the curved glass.

I would take a look at the battery report, the battery shouldn’t be that bad. Is it new or used?

It might be the Tile app? It’s 85%-100% of my idle usage at night.

Yup. The battery report is a great feature. There are some seriously rogue apps out there. Just charge it to full, use it like normal for a 24 hour period, and then look at the report. You’ll easily spot the culprit. Ignore idle/not idle—just see where your greatest % consumption is in the period.

Yeah, kill that. Hopefully the app just needs a restart and it will be fine. Might be a crappy app though. If so better contact their support.

Depending on what you want from the app, you can simply switch it so that it is only active while the app is active, even if the restart doesn’t fix it.