Is anyone still playing GRAW?

Wait… you’re kidding right?

I’m missing some co-op achievements also. I think I only ever got 1-1 though I’ve played all of the missions with a bunch of people and different settings than default.

Kidding about joining you guys or about my 360 being busted? Either way, no, I’m not kidding.

I sent it in last Friday, after waiting a week for MS’s shipping to get the return box to me, they tell me 7-10 business days for repairs with, apparently, 3-day shipping at either end. So I don’t expect if back for another two weeks.

-Tom

I’m playing the SP campaign on the recently released PC demo. The game seems like it could be a lot of fun in MP, but man, do I hate save points.

Man I’m glad I got the extended warrenty on mine. I’ve never done that for any console before, but it just seemed that this time it was a good idea.

Runs fine on my PC, with fairly decent graphics (8x6 and everything else on high, except textures)

I have heard firsthand reports that it tends to be much faster than that for most people.

Kidding about it being busted was what I was saying. Yours is like the tenth one I’ve run into. It’s bordering on ridiculous.

For anyone reading this, I’ll be hosting games for hopefully quite a while tonight. The wife gave me “permission” to GRAW it up tonight while she watches some show about a single mom and her daughter that look exactly like the alike and talk really strangely.

Edit: ELGUAPODC gamertag on Live.

What busted(ed) it? What was the manner of its bustedness?

There’s a thread in the Tech & Hardware section, RepoMan, but to recap, it looks like the GPU gave out. I was getting frequent freezes with a checkerboard pattern on the screen. Eventually, I could even get past the bootup screen without it happening.

-Tom

Yeah, I hear a lot of people are having responsiveness issues with 360 Chess.

Hey man, you must’ve quit by the time I finally got on. VegasRobb got me in a game but that crapped out like two minutes after it started. I found a pretty good random game of Team Territories or whatever that one’s called and put on a show with my 2 ranking. I guess I should play ranked games more often. heh.

It’s kinda funny how few people use smoke. It covers an advance really well. I’m more than a little annoyed at everyone turning off the grenade launchers. You die easily from like two or three bullets which hit you in the same amount of time a grenade takes to kill you. It makes no sense to turn it off. Whatever…

Anyway, despite missing the Qt3 game, I had a good time. We’ll try it again soon. I need to play more Outfit too.

You die easily from like two or three bullets which hit you in the same amount of time a grenade takes to kill you. It makes no sense to turn it off. Whatever…

You have to aim with the guns, the grenade launcher is many multiples more forgiving.

This was one of the games I picked up with my 360 this week, so I’m down for some multiplayer action any old time.

I suck really badly at the game, so I’m basically free points :)

Yes, so let’s just make an entire player kit irrelevant.

It’s really a bunch of bad players trying to cover up for the fact that they don’t understand how to attack, flank, or approach anyone with stealth. Proper cover and assault techniques will render any grenade launcher useless. Too bad people want to change the rules of the game to support their lazy play style.

Some of those same people will turn off frag grenades as well. No high explosives makes for a very boring game.

The only thing that I think should be turned off by default is the “kill cam.” I hate that thing. When I cap you from a concealed position or with suppression, the game shouldn’t zoom in on me and be all like HERE IS TEH SNIPER!!1!!!eleventy!!

Mayhap they are trying to avoid the “n00b Tube” experience that BF2 was notorious for…
I hate that thing.

I was able to play for a little bit tonight. Had a good time. Invited Dave and then the game blew up.

Hopefully we’ll be able to play again soon.

I would disagree and say you have the lazy play style ryan. “If someone sees you you die regardless of their skill level and how fast you are moving or what you are behind becuase they are carrying a hand of god weapon” isn’t an incredibly fun game for most people.

But it’s not a hand of god weapon. Grenades from the launcher in GRAW aren’t that powerful. They also have to be aimed well. I can take you down in two or three bullets in the exact same amount of time so every weapon in the game is a hand of god type weapon.

It’s stupid, and what’s worse, it infects every game that gets played only because these hardcore jerks tell everyone else that’s how the game works. I tend to agree with Ryan that it’s the players that are the problems and not the guns. I was pwning these high-ranked players last night just by using cover, odd/non-standard approach angles and smoke. What gets these people killed is a lack of a clue about how to stay under cover and not simply run in guns blazing up the middle of the map.