Is there a USPS Post Office dismantling thread?

Mr. Duncan, the Chair of the Board of Directors finally gets his first question. Mr. Krishnamoorthi asked about the GOP PACs he belongs to, after crediting (perhaps a little sarcastically) DeJoy with stepping down as RNC finance chair in order take up the postmaster position.

In addition to pointing out conflicts of interest Krishnamoorthi is going into the irregularities regarding DeJoy’s hiring.

GOP member yells: “Are we discussing human trafficking! Are we going to take about that! I’ve been asking for a hearing on that for a long time…”

DeJoy: “I think we will be sticking to postal service matters”

Finally someone brings up the pension pre-funding mandate, which apparently DeJoy is also against. Thank you Mr. Rouda.

Speier is up now. Porter and AOC should be soon.

Senator Katie Porter soon.

I can’t imagine why these guys are complete fuck ups, their attention to detail is astounding.

Man, Katie Porter is tougher than Chris or Mike Wallace.

The video freeze on her eye roll at around 5:00 says it all.

So how is the post office working for everyone recently?

Seriously wtf is going on, how are they still so behind on delivering stuff, it is almost mid January and I just got my Christmas gift from my brother who mailed it on 12/16/20.

This happened to us from my sister in New Hampshire. She mailed it around the same time and we just got it last Friday (Jan 8th). Apparently, they said the NHPS had staffing issues due to Covid.

Traffic jams don’t dissipate instantly, and the crisis (the pandemic) is raging as hot as ever.

Hey I’m dating a postal carrier! AMA

Why is the mail backed up? Because carriers keep getting Covid and missing 2 weeks of work, which is the mandatory period they need to be out of work upon a positive test. She said there are full semi-trailers full of packages sitting at the offices waiting to get delivered. They can’t keep up.

Also, there’s a problem with new carriers quitting. So those routes don’t get done for a week or more while they try to staff them.

That probably explains all the “We’re Hiring” USPS ads I’m seeing.

Ah well that does explain it then.

Two questions for her:
First what does the USPS do to clean the mail, or is it all probably just coated in Covid-19? UV lights? Just letting it set I guess is also effective. ;)

Also has she seen the movie, The Postman? :)

I don’t even need to text her to answer this.

1. Nothing. In fact, she showed me a paper cut a letter gave her on Monday and she said she bled on someone’s mail and felt horrible about it. Wiped it off and put it in the box. Other carriers pee in the white plastic bins and then hose them out at the office. This is because there’s no bathrooms on their routes. The girl I’m seeing uses porta potties at construction sites, or goes to Target on her lunch break.
    Some carriers eat and snack all day and the food gets on the mail.
    The packages are filthy and grimy, and the grime gets on everything. Like a black sludge that stains their shirts and pants. I’ve seen her uniforms, they’re filthy looking and can’t be cleaned.
    This is all anecdotal so don’t go writing the post office about it because they’ll deny everything. They all talk about it in a postal carrier facebook group, share the worst stories.

2. Probably not.

Well she is missing out on the best Kevin Costner film of 1997!

Also I probably should wash my hands more after handling the mail, even if I have been waiting a full day to open it.

My office accepts all of the mail and packages for my building, and we’ve made sure the mail carriers have access to our restrooms and breakroom, and have snacks available.

I just got a Christmas Card, post marked Dec 11th from a friend in Arizona!

Heck, when I worked in a military post office, that wasn’t uncommon in the best of times. We would move some machinery or check some bins and there would be mail from months ago. We just processed it like nothing had happened.