It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Yowsa! Yowsa! it’s a new 20:20 Ladies and Gentlemen!

Yowsa? I’ll go with They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?

I’ll go with Blaze, starring Lolita Davidovich

That movie might be the bleakest film of the 1960s. As a Flim-Flam Man apologist, I’m surprised Michael Sarrazin kind of faded away by the mid-1970s. He had a unique screen persona.

That’s definitely the emcee from TSHDT.

“Come by my office next week and maybe we can run through it.”

Sydney Pollack, Jane Fonda, Gig Young, Michael Sarrazin, Bruce Dern, Red Buttons. Nine academy award nominations. Only Gig Young won the Supporting Actor award. Still the record for nominations without receiving a Best Picture nod.

The Old English 800 (a Forty):

“Matron, it’s…gone!”

The Roger Maris (61*):

The 1hr21min20sec:

“< PA System >…and he’s now happily convalescing in Santa Monica…”

The Two Centuries:

“Touch me…”

Maybe this started the 70s cinema renaissance? December 1969, @MrTibbs

“They just want to see a little misery out there so they can feel a little better maybe. They’re entitled to that.”, @abidingdude

That was a lucky guess and good timing since I just happened to watch Jane Fonda In Five Acts this morning. I’ll have a new 20 some time tomorrow morning.

Watch the film. You won’t regret it. There is an Ok free copy on YouTube. I bought the DVD to get good quality grabs for this, and burned it. Glad I did.

I only know about that movie because I grew up in the Northwest; Pat McManus was a widley read humorist (locally) from northern Idaho (my grandpa knew him when he was a kid) and one of his collections of essays was called They Shoot Canoes Don’t They.

You and me both. Rawr.

-Tom

I really disliked the frames for the movie I previously chose so I’m gonna change it up. Your newer new 20 (don’t you DARE IMDB this one! I know it’s super easy).

Can’t believe it hasn’t been done, but Blow Out?

It sure isn’t The Boy in the Bubble.

Boy he still can’t act…

It is indeed Blow Out and I also was surprised no one nabbed it previously. This was the movie that introduced me to Hitchcock (sorta). Here are the rest of the frames, presented in a boringly pragmatic manner:

@BellaConfusione: That’s the winner of this round today (hey, hey)

Decades later, but still confused.

travolta%201

Too funny. Also wanted to apologize for the lack of sharpness in my frames. It’s the first time capturing from an Amazon Prime video in a browser and for some reason they came out super-blurry.

This could explain Battlefield Earth. No, I take that back. Nothing can explain Battlefield Earth.

Let’s do this dance, new 20:20: