It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

The first Mrs. Gun enjoyed it tremendously, and multiple times. Both the book and the DVD (those were a thing once).

New 20 in a few.

This 20:20 has everyone a little nervous.

An Officer and a Gentleman?

IncorrNoWhereElseToGo!

Is it the OG The Getaway (1972)?

Directed by the OG hisself, Crazy Sam.

One of the best action/heist films ever made. Whenever @Soren_Hoglund goes off about action sequences advancing narratives (and why no one uses vibrant color these days/desaturation seemingly equaling “gritty”) I think of this film.

Walter Hill script adapted from a Jim Thomson classic novel.

McQueen, Ali McGraw, as well as Ben Johnson, Slim Pickens, and the rest of the usual Peckinpah (and Old John Ford) guys.

Best use of Shotguns in film. :)

Modern Western?

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

Tires squealin’

The Roger Maris (61*):

“He’ll figure you for more time. He’s probably still in the station. Find him.”

The 1hr21min20sec:

Engine revs.

The Two Centuries:

Dryers running.

The Beltway (202 Area Code):

Fantastic Quincy Jones Score plays.

“What the hell’s the matter with you, @MrTibbs!”

Jim Thompson’s novels remain some of my favorites to this day. I hope someone attempts a Pop. 1280 adaptation at some point. Excluding the impersonal Convoy, which also features Ali MacGraw as the love interest, I guess The Getaway was Peckinpah’s last big commercial hit? :(

Here’s a new 20:20

Box office-wise? Cross of Iron (1977) made huge bank (International/Europe). Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid did fine as well (1973) as well as the crappy Convoy (really co-directed by James Coburn as The "Pah was snorting up Peru at the time).

Quality-wise, it pre-dates the first two, as well as Alfredo Garcia

I definitely agree with you on that. Cross and Pat Garrett are two of my favorites of their respective genres. I didn’t realize the latter did was a commercial hit. I was probably confusing commercial performance with Peckinpah’s erratic behavior leading to him losing control of the edit and the confidence of the major studios.

Pat Garrett made money, but it was no Wild Bunch or The Getaway. Hence the perception of failure at the time. And Sam was getting VERY erratic on that set. He literally wouldn’t film the ending because he didn’t want to “kill the Kid”.

This one is really bugging me, Tibbs. Looks like Sebastian Cabot. Feels like John Ford.

How Green was my Valley?

The frame certainly shares some visual elements with Ford’s film, but it’s something else. :)

Hmm… I think it might be time for a 40:40!

Whiskey Galore!?

And if that’s it, that’s an obscure pick? I saw it with my now deceased grandfather who loved war movies (and booze.) He thought it was both hilarious and awesome and I thought he should have just let me go outside to play. Your second screen there looks like them on the way to row out to the ship.

Skipper, obscure or not, you nailed it! I love this classic Ealing comedy. Apparently it was recently remade, but I’m 100% not keen on checking it out. The debut feature from legendary director Alexander Mackendrick (Sweet Smell of Success), this is one of his best films.

60:60

80:80

Over to you, buddy!

Is the story actually true? I guess I never looked into it. My grandfather thought it was hilarious.

I’m not actually sure as I’ve never looked into it. Like your grandfather, Whiskey Galore! stayed with me because it’s hilarious! :)

I’ll have a new 20 up in a while, commute time.

Sorry, a little late with the 20. If you know this you’ll know it and if you don’t, well, shame on you.

They call me Trinity?