It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Inherent Vice?

Wow, is that The Minus Man?

Goddammit, yeah. Nice Hampton Fancher link, @ChristienMurawski.

It is indeed. Well done, charmtrap.

Thank you, Soren. I’ve been holding this one for just such an occasion.

sixty-one:

Counting61

The eighty-whatever (or, “Man, I really wanted Sheryl Crow to be good in this. But…uh…no.”):

Counting80

The one hundred:

Counting100

I really kind of liked this movie. It feels like Fancher is stretching for a weird sort of Malicky vibe, which works some of the time. Owen Wilson is so strange in this part, and it works. I’d love to see him do a crazy forced-smile-off with Thomas Haden Church.

You have the conch, @charmtrap!

-xtien

“I don’t know. Lakes are like stepping into somebody else’s underwear.”

Haven’t seen that one in a while. That was on cable heavy rotation for quite a few years though.

New 20:

GRETA GERWIG MY HEART

Maggie’s Plan.

Woo, got it, first try! I was a little worried about this one since there’s nary a close-up until the 80. Well done!

Your go, @Woolen_Horde

You must think in Russian.

20:20

That’s a pretty cool frame, Woolen.

-xtien

Fair warning: 40:40 will go up around 9 AM West Coast time.

Ok, the crazy end of German World Cup dreams distracted me.

40:40

The Circle?

Yup.

The 20:20 shot was literally a cut at the 23 or 24 frame of the 20:20 mark. Otherwise it was going to be a lot more obvious.

60:60 More Hermione

80:80 Even more Hermione (this also reminds me of Steve Martin’s Good Sides/Bad Sides sketch)

100:100 And title

Wow, okay. That first screen threw me off. Thinking back now I think it was during one of the big scenes where they have an event on the work campus or something?

Decent movie if a bit heavy handed in it’s scorn of overly large, overly privacy-killing tech companies.

I’m going to roll with a 20:20 to keep it going.

How come all your friends are on their way to being someone else?

Rolling with the 40:40 early this morning. A little more recognizable at this point.

All my life I’ve tried to be the good guy, the guy in the white fucking hat.

I’ll guess The Tall Guy.

No on The Tall Guy.

My mind is going crazy trying to pin this. The thing is a lot of young Goldblum is with the big 80s hair. But that girl in the 20:20 seems very 80s or 90s.

Ill go with Perfume.

No on Perfume as well.

Strangely each of these frames almost introduces another actor/actress, so hopefully it will become more clear if we go to other frames.