It's that time of the year again...

That’s the beauty of big phones, they are very usable for reading and you don’t need to haul a second device any more. I made the X work but it was marginal. In that I didn’t have any margins when I read.

If you read in the dark or in dim areas epaper with front lighting is far better. In a brightly lit subway, where I primarily read, I really don’t find eye strain a problem ever. But your eyes may vary.

anyone try this on a 6S? Wife asking but I am not sure I want to recommend else she nags if it slows her phone down. She just went for the battery replacement, so battery is new.

My wife has a form of epilepsy, so when she saw the health features of the new watch she was hooked. Plus, I can’t tell you how many times she leaves her phone downstairs and then goes upstairs to do work (women’s clothing desperately need more pockets!!!) So I ordered a gps+cellular watch this morning. Delivery in 2 to 3 weeks, so that’s not too bad.

Does anyone know if physical Apple stores will have the new watches on display today, or if that won’t happen until 9/21?

I’d really like to see the size difference in person.

Someone suggested this:

1. Open Apple Store App
  2. Apple Watch → Series 4 → {Choose one} → Compare case sizes
  3. Crank brightness to 100%
  4. Trace

Edit: download and print this at 100%
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9k52b3aaz3gm50/Untitled%203.jpg?dl=0

I am right on the edge, so I want to see what will fit me. I am waiting until I can go see one in a store. Looks like most of them are sold out for a few weeks anyway, so looks like I am waiting.

Didn’t upgrade my phone either. I need to buy out the last month of my plan and it doesn’t seem worth paying just to get it a month earlier. Plus I can’t decide if I really want a max. Guess I will go see it in a store.

So saved money all around today.

I never know what memory selection to choose, so I usually just pick the maximum, even though I don’t really know what’s practicable - but this time it seems like it’s potentially excessive, so I was interested in seeing you chose the 64gb. I tend to keep phones for longer than some people (last 2 phones were a 6s+ and a 4s), so maybe 256 gb?

My general feeling is that 16GB is completely unacceptable and unusable, 32GB is OK but can be tight, and 64GB is perfectly fine. I offload pictures and movies to google photos anyway.

If you watch movies on your phone and travel, I suppose you could make an argument for the 128GB model, but 256GB or 512GB are just silly.

I keep my full music folder on my phone since I don’t want to pay for unlimited data. I should probably work out the costs per year of getting a smaller memory phone vs unlimited data. Plus my car has an SD card reader in the glove box for music. I suppose I have other options.

I guess if you use lossless audio and keep literally months of audio on your phone, that could make a difference. I just stream everything, it’s 2018.

I was shocked how painless the ordering process was. I was already pre approved so a little passed 12 just opened the app, two taps and a fingerprint later it was ordered. I was expecting server crashes and all that fun stuff. I guess since it’s an S line people didn’t care enough to mash f5.

How many pictures and movies and offline Netflix shows do you keep on your phone? I keep lots of all that stuff on my phone, plus gigs of music and podcasts and I still run around 25-30GB out of 64GB on my 6S. Even if I did start to run out of space, I could always just archive a bunch of photos to my secondary 1TB hard drive on my PC.

EDIT - LOL, I only have a 32GB phone, and I have 13GB free on it right now. 64 is probably plenty, as I’ve had this 6S for almost two years and only archived my photos twice so far.

I have 80gb of music. I like to have my whole collection on me so whenever I want to listen to something I have it.

A 64gb phone with unlimited data works out to be something like $15 more a month than getting a 256gb phone with my 5gb/month plan.

Does anyone know if you can backup photos to onedrive on an iphone like you can on an android phone?

The OneDrive app has automatic photo backup. And I love how OneDrive handles photos.

Have a 6S Plus/128 that’s a few years old. Looking at the EX Max/256 and the price of $1,200 made me instantly think I can hold on to my 6S Plus for a while.

I think you’ll find with a fresh battery and iOS 12 it will performs really well. Isn’t the new shiny thing, but it will perform great.

Apple will swap out my battery for $30 until the end of the year.

Yes, and you should defijitely do that if you’re keeping the phone.

I did the battery swap myself since I also had to replace the wireless antenna. Pretty easy to do at home if you don’t want to give your phone away.

It’ll be interesting to see if the ios update will indeed improve the performance of my old iPhone 6. I’m looking forward to Waze on carplay more than anything.