It's time to have a 2020 Presidential Election thread

Kind of sounds like tantrums… maybe?

Yeah. I didn’t intend to vote for her due to age, and it’s still a year away but if we had the primary today she’d get my vote.

I am not talking policy, but I am talking how he treats his staff. Very similar with high turnover, staff holding damaging info as leverage. Etc.

Sounds like her office is a real shit show.

Well how she treats them may or may not be exaggerated but that parental leave, that should be easy enough to verify. A policy like that has to be written.

From a policy perspective and her public persona Amy is one of my top choices. But there have been too many articles like this about her for me to doubt the veracity. Something really hypocritical about coming across as MN nice and treating her staff this way.

a spokeswoman, Elana Ross. “We’ve never made staff pay back any of their leave and will be changing that language in the handbook.” She declined to provide a copy of the current policy as written.

Former employees claimed the policy was written in the employee handbook, and they won’t provide the current one, saying they are changing the language. It was in there.

This is a presidential candidate, and the same employees say they saved e-mails to CYA. Someone has to have a copy of that book. It removes doubt entirely to have it.

Klobacher isn’t anywhere near a top 5 or anything for me thus far, but I’m going to be skeptical of what I hear unless it’s backed up with evidence or people willing to come forward publicly. Russia and other actors will being doing their damndest to find the next “but her emails”.

This. Instead focus on their policy proposals, which for Klobacher is also disqualifying.

I understand the risk of false information, but this sounds too much like listen to what I say and not what I do. I do not care if she stands there and claims she is for parental leave and parents taking time with their children if she actually has something like that in her employee handbook.

At the same time, if the employee handbook exists in a way the staff says it did, it should be easy to produce.

It might seem a small thing, but for me, the way Klobuchar fought to keep pizza classified as a vegetable(!) for school meals is kind of disqualifying. When you weigh children’s health against special interests, the right thing to do should be a no-brainer.

Regulations protecting pizza as a vegetable were included in an agriculture bill that became part of a stop-gap budget Congress passed last week. Tomato paste in pizza sauce is the reason it qualifies under federal school nutrition guidelines.

If the USDA had prevailed, school cafeterias would have had a difficult time serving pizza without spending more on other vegetables to serve with it – a potential blow to Minnesota’s Schwan Food Co., the country’s largest supplier of school lunch pizzas.

In June, Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar wrote to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to express concern about changing the vegetable rating for tomato paste. “Tomato paste contributes dietary fiber, potassium – a nutrient of concern for children – as well as Vitamins A and C,” Klobuchar wrote.

Hawaiian pizza could be classified as a fruit and vegetable. :)

Someone fighting to classify pizza as a vegetable is the hero we need in these dark times.

Yeah this is pretty funny.

Man, for a split second I actually craved one of these:

Thinking back, these were some of the first pizzas I ever had. The very first pizza I ever had was my first day in America. It was about 3 in the morning in a hotel room somewhere in LA and we were awake, jetlagged and hungry. My dad calls down to the desk to ask about food and ends up ordering a large pizza with everything from some 24 hour joint. This thing was disgusting because it had everything. Anchovies. Pineapples. Everything. First day in America and this was my first pizza. No wonder I liked the rectangular school pizzas more.

Man … I loved me some rectangle pizza day at school back in the day. It had its own taste for sure. Not quite pizza but not really horrible. Like Pizza Quick Sauce but spicier and with more salt probably.

Like @KevinC and @Balasarius I’m listening to the message of the candidates until we know for a fact any of this shit is true. There was waaaaaay too much of this during the last election cycle and we know there are bad actors out there just making stuff up. If shes an insufferable person, that will certainly come out at some point, in more than a rumored way.

I think they have switched to triangular pizza now, no more cardboard rectangles. Probably this was the vendor https://www.schwansfoodservice.com/product-list/

Big Daddy’s is a bad choice for pizza name. D:

They already had the Bioshock license. What else could they do with it?

My parents were weird and never ordered pizza. So as a kid, the only pizza I was exposed to was the disgusting school pizza. Man, I hated pizza. Similarly, the only potato chips my parents ever got were Wise potato chips. They’re probably the worst chips on the planet. I hated potato chips, too.

It was truly a revelation when I was introduced to real pizza.