It's time to have a 2020 Presidential Election thread

What, not Born to Run?

Hopefully Beto sucks up enough of Biden’s base to make him lose at a minimum.

I also think there is a weird charisma thing going on with Beto.

He looks a lot like a Kennedy. A sort of vague, distant relative. I think there’s that “Kennedy thing” he’s unconsciously tapping into but as far as i know, i’ve not read anyone claiming that he looked like Kennedy or that something so crass as he looks like Kennedy therefore i’m voting for him.

Gun to head choice time:

• Biden
  • Sanders

0 voters

Oh come on! NOO

Oh yes. Heh heh heh heh heh…

kerzain with the protest non-vote! But yeah, ugh.

The one (I don’t know) comforting? thought I have is that Biden would almost certainly defeat trump. The first order of business in 2020 is to reform our democratic institutions (to the point that that’s possible through statute and legislation) and Biden can do that as well as anyone. At least I hope so.

(The pro and anti Sanders battles currently raging on twitter and reddit is cringe worthy. The absolute biggest danger we face in 2020 is a divided opposition.)

It can’t be a real Qt3 poll, since the traditional 3rd option is not present. I blame Russian interference.

I think Biden could lose to Trump- he would demoralize the younger voters, and scandals may cause the low-info voters to bothsides it.

I also don’t think Biden will do what is necessary if he wins. I trust Beto and Harris more on this, as both of them have said flat-out they’re willing to stack the courts if necessary. Bernie I am questionable on in this area, even if I think he has the better policies among the four. (Beto and Harris are equivalent)

pro and anti-Biden is going to be as bad as pro and anti-Sanders. Bernie’s 2016 supporters see Biden as another Hillary- while they’re open to other candidates, they don’t want Biden period.

Is there polling that backs this up, or is this anecdote?

I demand shitbonerz

I mean, for this poll, shitbonerz is Trump.

I assume we all voted in that poll with the same caveat: If they other guy wins, we all show up an vote for him in the general. Right? :)

If Beto is just a run-a-the-mill mainstream Democrat politically, but has personal charisma, I’m fine with that. I’d prefer a policy wonk myself but I am prioritizing electability over all. (Though being a traditional boring Democrat in terms of policy is a turn off to some portion of the voting base, obviously.)

Same. Of course, we’re going to have much disagreement about what factors into ‘electability.’

Personally, I’ll determine it by looking at voter turnout in the swing states. Winning California in the primary is not as important (for this purpose) as winning Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc.

It depends on which Red Robin you go to. I’ve been to 5 Red Robins across the country so far, each one tastes very different. Whoever is manning the grill at a Red Robin pretty much determines what it tastes like. The one in Bellevue, WA circa 2003 had the best burgers I’ve eaten anywhere. The one in Redmond, WA circa 2003 had the worst burgers I’ve ever eaten at a restaurant. The other 3 I’ve had, including the nearest to me now has been somewhere in the middle.

70 is the new 40.

Haha. Red Robin doesn’t have grills anymore, and hasn’t for 20 years. I worked at one in 1996 (second cooking job ever!), and that one was the last one in the company that actually had a grill- it was buried in the middle of an old hotel in downtown Seattle and they couldn’t retrofit it. It is long gone. They have a conveyor-belt grill/oven thing, you just feed the meat in, and it comes out the other end cooked. Which isn’t to say that individual cooks can’t still fuck things up at a given location…

Weird. I wonder why the burgers taste so different at each Red Robin then?