It's time to have a 2020 Presidential Election thread

AKA Billionaire leaves bubble, doesn’t like life out there after all.

Seriously though, this is probably the worst election ever for billionaires who want to be President. Go back to making money, gentlemen!

But why make money with AOC will take it all away to pay her D.C. rent, buy a new wardrobe, and smuggle in billions of people across the border to vote illegally?

From the article:

Everybody expected blowback. He was absolutely prepared for that. It was the vitriol that was the surprising thing, this idea that there shouldn’t be free speech. It’s a free country.

Is “fuck you, stupid asshole” not part of their idea of free speech? Do they not say that any longer in “free countries”?

Amen to that.

The successful candidate is the one who presents new solutions (realistic or not) to solve people’s problems (real or imagined) instead of playing political games? That sounds fake, I’m sure if they just say they’re progressive enough times, they can do it!

Did she ever recognize what a massive security threat that was? That disqualified her as incompetent for many, from what I remember reading.

You guys really need to get this right, because tacky as it is, the world kinda needs you to go back to some measure of sanity.

It was never any kind of a security threat. She didn’t do anything much different than other SecStates have done, and even today, members of Trump’s team are using non-government email services and other communication devices and not a single member of the media cares. It was a massive misjudgement on the part of the media to chase the stick the GOP threw almost in desperation.

Clinton’s server wasn’t much of a security threat. The non-classified State Department email system was totally pwned by the Chinese; Clinton’s server was not.

I know one Democrat that won’t be running for President anytime soon.

He’s in one photo as either the guy in blackface, or the guy in the KKK outfit.

I have no idea how you arrived at this particular point. Is the intention to be hostile? I didn’t say anything about ideology, my point was dealing with trump in a way that doesn’t also at the same time turn people away because the electorate is likely to be tired of divisive politics (even if in this case against trump it’s warranted) and at the same time offering a vision for a way forward. trump is an abomination, his regime likewise as well as the entire Republican party. Whoever ends up as the nominee and (hopefully) president faces a lot of work to undue the damage that’s been done. That’s not a political game and I’m not sure how anyone can arrive at a conclusion that it is.

That said, I’m often guilty of too much brevity and don’t always unpack my statements, so admittedly my post was vague - but I still don’t get how you arrived at your “progressive lol” snark.

Pretty much.

As far as Booker, he doesn’t have any big issues that I’m aware of other than being a black dude in America, which we’ve seen can be overcome when the GOP completely shits itself. And there is feces smeared on the walls right now.

Why would Stein spell everything out then abbreviate the last two? Seems lazy & forced me to go look them up (Green New Deal, I assume, and Medicare for All?) At any rate, I hope all the legit candidates have solid platforms as we’ve got some serious work to do in the next administration.

Obviously Booker is referring to Gesta Normannorum Ducum , a chronicle by the monk William of Jumièges

I mean, yeah. That’s just a no-brainer.

No, it has nothing to do with you, or much of anything here, yet - you’re right, it would contradict you. It’s just pure frustration about how (self-entitled) progressives in both sides of the ocean are more concerned about being seen as responsible than about supporting any mild policy against financial capital, which has had the effect of draining social protection for decades.

His favorable numbers by that poll (and it’s a pollster with a pretty bad track record, to be fair) are essentially the MOE.

4%. I think cancer might outpoll him.

I’m sure conservatives hate him for his unrelenting war on Christmas. Liberals hate him for obvious reasons.

Seriously, fuck this guy and his ego.

@CoryBooker’s key 2020 policies, per aides:
“Baby bonds” to wipe out wealth gap
– Sweeping criminal justice reform (more in next tweet)
– Antitrust action
– Legalize marijuana
– Job Guarantee pilot
– Housing tax credits 4 renters
– GND
– M4A

Sounds ominous.