January 6th public hearings

This is not good for the blood pressure. Gets me as pissed off as that day

Is there a pool on who asked for pardons?

The fact they have evidence of multiple GOP members begging for pardons is kind of a big deal.

Insert light treason meme

Maybe they’re warming up? I didn’t find it all that compelling. So far, they’re just re-hashing info that’s already public. And tbh, the people that need to see the hearings, won’t. It’s not going to sway any opinions. Opinions are already baked in.

We had Trump’s closest people tell us that Trump knew he was lying.

We heard that multiple GOP members begged for pardons for their actions related to January 6.

Weird son in law too busy with pardons to be bothered by a whole WH counsel office threatening to resign in protest. I wonder if they made him validate that claim with the names?

Which is going to make it all the more rage-inducing when nothing happens to these traitors.

Seems this DJT guy is a fucking criminal.

I guess if DOJ cares and can prove intent that the begging of pardons is due to the beggers knowing they were breaking the law. I dont think the committee is going to get into the meat and potatoes of it though. Just tell the story and punt to the DOJ 🤷‍♂️

So it turns out that Democrats can do effective messaging. They really had all the right pieces.
Chairman Thompson isn’t the best speaker but does project an air of gravitas, and calmness.
Liz Cheney is helluva of prosecutor, and her directness is refreshing.
Officer Edwards is a superstar. A very pretty young woman and quite articulate, who probably could have nice life as instagram influencer, but instead followed in the her Marine grandfathers call to service.
Pair her with a documentary film maker who has been following Voldemort elite minions. Its one thing to hear that she being badly injured, it is another seeing she her and the four officer try to hold the line, in a brave but futile gesture and then knockout on the Capitol grounds steps. Then hear her compelling story of bravery and duty as she gets back on the line, facing overwhelming odds.

Intersperse this with video of Trump official systematically refuting the elements of the big lie.

In all seriousness, I think it was probably the best two hours of TV, I will watch this week.

Even better than a grotesquely fat man hosting ‘The Apprentice’?

Excellent piece by David Frum.

Get your friend to watch the hearings, especially if they are perusable

Ugh: Timex autocorrect has gotten into my phone, persuadble should become persuadable not perusable.

Or maybe persuadable?

Thanks for the link. I had a visceral, annoyed reaction when I read Cosmicat spouting that same old tired, fatalistic bullshit in this thread just a couple hours ago.

Colbert’s take on Ivanka’s testimony:

Id be fine with a new constitution. Our current one was written by white men who thought owning black people was fine and that women should stay in the kitchen. Perhaps an updated version would be helpful given the changes over the last 240 years?

Maybe you should turn that ‘visceral, annoyed reaction’ where its deserved. The GOP, RWM, and your red hat wearing neighbors (almost half the voters). Committee hearings are fine, story time, great. Until high level arrests are made by the DOJ, it’s not fatalistic to be skeptical. The effort FOX went through to not air the hearing and to keep their viewers tuned in to them is pretty sad and amazing.

Colbert slays Jon Batiste.

I don’t think you top that joke.

That about killed me, lol.