Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

thanks man!!! … I’ll give that a shot … AEVWD kills my fps, on a 8800GT

I love/hate that mods keep getting updated … I’d dropped Oblivion for a year or so, and assumed that most mods were the same version … nope!

Oblivion and its mods are the only thing standing in my way of blowing up my PC and going to Apple … is that sacrilege here?

I was about to install oblivion again with this mod pack but you say your not continuing it anymore? Should i use the old version of it?

You can do ahead and try it and if I you have questions I’ll try to help, but I’m not updating the installer for new releases of mods included.

is there any chance you can update it for latest mods i’d really love to play the game at its best :D

Why not just look up the mods/programs yourself and see if they’ve been updated? The readme has it all spelt out.

Jason has done a massive community service here (Thanks Jason!) but at some point, I guess people like yourself also need to learn to help themselves rather than expect it all dished up for them.

i know which mods have been updated i was just wondering doesnt his mod pack thing make them all work together?

This is why I have POOP V2 archived on a backup drive, even though I fully intend never to play Oblivion again :)

TBH I would shy away from this compilation now a days. You’ll end up spending hours if not days getting everything together only to find you can launch the game and then it inevitably crashes at some point in the future cause some NPC that you passed by tried to light a torch that he didn’t have in his inventory.

Jason has done a huge service and I did enjoy his compilation several times in the past but if you are looking for oblivion love just crank up the graphic settings grab an overhaul and a decent leveling system and go nuts. This way you’ll actually get to play some oblivion instead of trying to figure out what to Wyre Bash and whatnot.

Here’s to hoping that Skyrim allows modding and has a stable enough engine to not CTD if things aren’t perfect.

Good sir, I have followed your details to the comparison part. The following are missing:

.\Oblivion Mods\13-Gameplay\Supreme_Magicka_0-90_Beta_3-12466.zip
.\Oblivion Mods\12-Interface\Map_Marker_Overhaul_3_8-26389-3-8.rar
.\Oblivion Mods\11-Quests\Pack_3-24279.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\11-Quests\Pack_4-24279.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\11-Quests\Pack_5-24279.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\11-Quests\Pack_6-24279.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\11-Quests\Dremora_Companion_Full_-6977.rar
.\Oblivion Mods\09-Textures-Characters\slofs_horses_base_2-24312.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\06-VWD\RAEVWD_SI_Edition-20053-1-6-1.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\07-Lights\Animated_Window_Lighting_System_-Meshes_v5-3-5-19628.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\07-Lights\AWLS
-_Brumbek_Mixed_Textures_v5-2-0-19628.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\06-VWD\RAEVWD-20053.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\02-Prerequisites\obse_0019b.zip
.\Oblivion Mods\03-Patches\Unofficial_Patch_Supplementals-27710.7z
.\Oblivion Mods\05InstallWorld.bat
.\Oblivion Mods\06-VWD
.\Oblivion Mods\06InstallVWD.bat
.\Oblivion Mods\07-Lights
.\Oblivion Mods\07InstallLights.bat
.\Oblivion Mods\08-Sound-Weather
.\Oblivion Mods\08InstallSoundWeather.bat
.\Oblivion Mods\09-Textures-Characters

The updated ones and the ones that simply did not match up:
Animated Window Lighting System v5-5-3-19628-1.7z
Dremora_Companion_Full-6977.rar
MEAT 0.1.omod
obse_0020.zip
Pack 3-24279.7z
Pack 4-24279.7z
Pack 5-24279.7z
Pack 6-24279.7z
QTP3R-Patch.7z.html
ShiveringIsles_v1.2.0416English.exe
SLOFS HORSES BASE AND ARMORED OMOD VERSION-3570.7z
Supreme Magicka 0-90b-12466-0-90b.zip
Unofficial Patch Supplementals-27710-3-3-5.7z

That’s because they’re way out of date. Have fun updating them!

So I am almost 2 hours in , playing on easy as combat isn’t really what I am looking for , its an amazing story, and so far I closed the first Oblivion gate and now have to take the guy to some mountain fortress or something.

I have a few mods installed to make the game look better, and its not bad visually.

But story-wise I am just not interested in what is going on in ES4:O. Maybe its the setting, as I loved FO3 and FO:Vegas.

So my question is does it get better?

I got the complete ES4 Oblivion pack on steam back during the last sale for like $10, so its no real loss if I just give up. But if the story is decent I will trudge onward.

Also the Shivering Isles is a stand alone expansion? Its a different story from the main game ?

Thanks in advance!

SI is not standalone - i.e. you need the base game to run it, but it is a separate area and set of quests. You access it via an island in the more southern part of the map.

Most people get less out of the main quest & story than they do exploring or doing the guild quests for example. People seem to like the thieving and assassin quest lines in particular, and some of those arising from the standing stones…

To me the FOs felt like a more hand-crafted experience after the spreadsheet with graphics that was Oblivion… you might find the same.

Yeah, other than Nehrim, I just want to get in there and do the guilds’ quests. Anyone have a best guess at a modern, working leveling + graphics overhaul mod? I want to keep it down to just those two things, preferably in just 2 mods to reduce the dependencies insanity.

Graphically, you probably want the latest version of Qarl’s Texture Pack, probably plus a version of Almost Everything Visible When Distant. That’s two… and many people value Unique Landscapes. That’s three but they did work together when I played. There might be better options these days. No idea about levelling though. I didn’t worry about it. I also don’t know about face deuglifiers etc…

Sorry for the necro-bump.

Sounds like an interesting pack.

I’m currently working on trying to update the install scripts for the heck of it. No questions so far.

Current changelog:
OBSE updated to v20
Unofficial Patch Supplementals v3.3.7
RAEVWD updated to v1.9.2
RAEVWD SI Edition updated to v1.7
AWLS updated to v5.5.4
AWLS - Brumbek Mixed Textures removed (merged into AWLS >= v5.5.0)
Map Marker Overhaul updated to v3.9
Spell Delete And Item Remove updated to v3
Supreme Magicka updated to .90b

I haven’t started on the “other downloads” list page yet. Also haven’t checked with TES4Edit and the Construction Set yet. Maybe tomorrow

If you update them I’ll quite happily stuff them into the download!

KK, no problem :)

All of the “Other Downloads” are fine.

So far, the only thing I’m having to almost completely redo is the 07InstallLights.bat since the AWLS packages were merged and RAEVWD support was added.

Oh my god. There’s a special gift for the internet 60 seconds in.

That is the best Oblivion video EVER.

I’m finally taking a serious shot at Oblivion and all of this modding stuff is even more intimidating than the last time I looked at it. I don’t really care about the environmental stuff though, so I’ve just cherry-picked the more useful-looking UI and performance mods out of your list (mainly DarNified UI, Alchemy Advanced, A To Take All, Low-Poly/Short Grass), added in Francesco’s, and that seems to be working well for me so far.